Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

17 Months for deliberately trying to kill a cyclist with a bus

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

gcommie | 12 years ago
0 likes

Don't forget people that you can appeal the sentence to the Attorney General as being too lenient. If enough people complain it may get raised to a more reasonable sentence. Note, you don't have to have any involvement in the case to raise the matter with the AG, just got to think it too low. Do a web search and you'll find details.

farrell | 12 years ago
0 likes

If I swung a machete or an iron bar at someone moments after they'd had a row with me I'd be up on an attempted murder charge and be facing a frigging long time in prison.

Swing a bus at them, 17 months.

Or, more annoyingly, at most half of 17 months and a few months with a tag on.

My only hope is that Gavin Hill ends up trapped in his cell getting ridden harder than Djamolidine Abdoujaparov's bike on the Champs Elysees.

seabass89 | 12 years ago
0 likes

What a big wuss...

Has to man up with a bus before he dare take on the cyclist..

I don't wish any well for him, and I hope he lives a miserable life. Such behaviour is simply unacceptable.

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmm. Better watch that guy /\

russyparkin | 12 years ago
0 likes

lets face it if you were ever planning murder, you should do it with a car. you would probably get a 6 month ban and 5 hours community service

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

17 months equates to between 6 - 8 months inside then he's free.

He should be disqualified for life.

With a minimum sentence of 10 years. That's what you would get if you broke someone's legs with a weapon. But as usual because it's a vehiole it's a lenient sentence.  14

Latest Comments