Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman. Stage 4

Heres the profile for tomorrow http://www.steephill.tv/players/aso-profile/?race=tour-of-oman&stage=4&y...

Looks like an interesting stage lots of hills but only a small climb up hill for the last 5km. so who to drop who to keep is the question, Will the break succeed or will be another bunch finish? Lots of question and 4 transfers saed up. I think this stage and the next will be the ones to make a big difference in points

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

121 comments

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Kudentsov has packed. the big girl.

Mikeh789 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nibali & Fuglsang for me

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Put in J-Rod, Fuglsang, Guysev and Sagan for my 4 sprinters. Kept Hayman and Steegmans for the "you never know" side of things.

rhysb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Looks like cav is attempting to stay in there, would by typical for it to be a bunch sprint now I have dropped him and the rest of my sprint team,

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

Kept Sagan and Griepel for today, Andre impressed me on stage 2.

Swapped out Galimzyanov for Veltis, don't expect Denis to be in the lead bunch today

Gambled by swapping out Farrar for Fuglsang, Tyler might finish in the lead group or not.

Replaced Selig with Lebas. Thomas finished in 11th on stage 2 in good company and is 11th overall. My rank outsider for today and maybe tomorrow.

Sticking with Bouhann, Cooke and Sutton (all with a good change to finish in the front group today) and Guardini (not in the front group today, but saving a transfer and points for one of the big gun guns tomorrow for Grepiel and 4 transfers for Sunday)

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

well my team is sort of half and half, due to a messed up original selection

Oss
Rod
Sagan
Kittel

Nava
Krupois
Selig
Gallopin
Bouhinni

so a nice Sagan, Oss, Gallopin 1,2,3 would be nice and somehow kittel to be in there

fraser | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's Bernie Eisel's birthday today. Cav said on twitter that, as a birthday gift to bernie, he will not get dropped from the bunch and make bernie wait for him  1

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was chatting about this stage with someone yesterday and it struck me that with Milan-San Remo only four weeks ago, this is exactly the kind of stage that would give Cav a good workout for that. I kept him in, but more because once again I forgot to do transfers than anything else  20

Wig_Billy replied to nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:

Same here. Hang in there Andre.

0 likes

Kittel just got dropped  20

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I may have seriously messed up BIG style today, i thought the sprinters would sit back and take it easy up the larger of the 3 climbs today, seems i was wrong, bunch sprint coming up and i got rid of ALL my sprinters in readyness for tomorrow where they will be of no use.

The reason i switched 4, so that i can have 4 transfers after tomorrows stage to get them back in, might work, might not, as long as i dont drop to far off

My aim for this season is to win my region, anything else is a bonus  4

Alan Tullett replied to nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:

Swapped out Galimzyanov for Veltis, don't expect Denis to be in the lead bunch today

Gambled by swapping out Farrar for Fuglsang, Tyler might finish in the lead group or not.

Replaced Selig with Lebas. Thomas finished in 11th on stage 2 in good company and is 11th overall. My rank outsider for today and maybe tomorrow.

Sticking with Bouhann, Cooke and Sutton (all with a good change to finish in the front group today) and Guardini (not in the front group today, but saving a transfer and points for one of the big gun guns tomorrow for Grepiel and 4 transfers for Sunday)

Got a similar strategy with Sagan, Greipel, Fulgsang and Jeannesson (least sure about this choice but always a fan of FDJ) for today. Haven't decided for tomorrow. End of this stage is easier than 2 I think, but we'll see.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Everyone now back together, bunch sprint coming up  14  20  14

0 likes

Goss driving them up the climb, sprinters dropping out the back again

0 likes

Sagan, chavennel and casar riding hard on the front up the climb now

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Greipel dropped. Chavanel attacks now, Matt Goss on the front of the peloton powering up the climb. Sprinters going out the back

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Chavanal, Sagan and Casar going well.

0 likes

Greipel dropped, chavanel attacks

0 likes

Looks like I chose the wrong FDJ rider again!

0 likes

Im guessing we are all following the same twitter account? or does someone have a stream?

0 likes

Greipel dropped. Chavanal attacks

0 likes

How did that happen! Greipel won, Sagan 2nd, Sutton 3rd.....what a mistake dropping Greipel!

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Im guessing we are all following the same twitter account? or does someone have a stream?

Guess so. Anthony McCrossan

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Greipel.  4

0 likes

Andre Greipel gets back on to win the stage. Sagan second. Think Chris Sutton 3rd #tourofoman

Christ!! If that's right I got 1,2, 3.

darren13366 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Awesome recovery from Greipel to win. Well done everyone who gambled by leaving him in. Unfortunately that was not me  20

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

from a different twitter account

1. Greipel (LTB) 2. Sagan (LIQ) 3. Gallopin (RNT) 4. Bouhanni (FDJ) 5. Sutton (SKY)

1,2, 4, 5 happy me

0 likes

2, 3, 4 if nickobec is correct, which would be better

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

2nd and 4th so far might not be as bad as feared.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

F*****************CCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I'm off to commit suicide now  14 I got 3rd, but still not good, thinking i'm gonna give up the game this year, doing my nut in already and with unreliable coverage and reports/profiles, i give up, its not even fun like it was last year with prizes for every race, takes the fun element away

Pages

Latest Comments