Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ride the Northern Angel or Cyclone?

I cant quite decide if I want to ride the Northern Angel
http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/wiggle-northern-angel/

or ride the Newcastle Cyclone http://www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk/

or maybe both.

I was gutted last year. I was all geared up to ride the Cyclone but couldn't apply until a I got payed and then found out that they closed entry just the night before  20
So this year I am ready enter the Cyclone this month and then it is done but I have just found out there is another 3 weeks later.

So which one do I do or both, if I can afford it and get the time off from home lol.

Not looking for answers here just rambling on lol.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Marauder | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just found out last night that the Etape Pennines startes/finishes about a mile from where I live and is in October.

So I think I might do the Cyclone and the Etape. A good couple of month between them so nice and spaced out.

The Etape is £61 so a bit pricey but I think one of the reasons for the price is that they are closed roads for the full 78 miles.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

My bro lives just along the road from Ampleforth (Helmsley) so looks like a trip to his is called for.

They may use Sutton Bank in the race which is a bugger, not long but bloody steep.

arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

The British Champs are in North Yorkshire this year (Ampleforth) but the Beaumont Trophy takes place the day after the Cyclone (Sunday) which is part of the National Premier Series. Well worth hanging around for. Last time I did the Cyclone we saw the Rapha boys out for a leisurely spin.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Are they incorporating the British champs again this year ?

If so i would go for the Cyclone as you may get to meet some of the top riders. I met Cav at last years event.

One other thing if The Northern Rock are no longer in business is it now the Virgin Cyclone  39

arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Can't vouch for the Northern Angel but the Cyclone is fast becoming one of the best sportives around. Excellent organisation and whilst there's no really killer hills, its lumpy all day long. Both offer stunning scenery on quiet roads.

Latest Comments