Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

i just orderd one of these!

please dont shout, or laugh out loud. i just orders one of these!

[link removed by admin]

im poor and would never be able to afford the real thing. am going to fit 105 groupset,a nd some nice wheels! anyone had an experience with these frames? wish me luck.  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

97 comments

OldnSlo | 12 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes
russyparkin | 12 years ago
0 likes

you can get ultegra 6700 wheels for £199. from planet x, fitted them with featherlight michelin tubes, ultremo r1 tyres and ultegra 6700 cassette. very light set up i think 2.4kg for the complete front and rear wheels inc tyres tube cassette. cost me £300 all in.

Strathlubnaig | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not a bike, but link below is interesting when it comes to stuff that you really don't want to break but it is a Chinese copy....scroll to bottom pics.

http://www.petzl.com/us/outdoor/news-2/2011/02/11/warning-regarding-pres...

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

American Classic 350 Sprint!

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Fulcrum Racing 3's?
Cosmic Elites?
Ksyrium Equipes?

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

lets hope Cavs Pino`s ok for tomorrow....  4

mines been shipped, and im tracking it.

still unsure on what wheels to get? only  14 £350 to spend on wheels....

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

I heard that Bradley got a bad one off eBay around last July and the rest is history!!  44  19  20

Got a better one for the Vuelta though!!  4

0 likes

oh, righto!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

They are all over Ebay already, thats why i would never touch a top end bike second hand through there

0 likes

Blimey. Comparing to the official shots on http://www.pinarello.com/eng/dogma2_carbon_616.php (click 'other colours, then 616 POS Blu' to see the colour scheme), I can see that the downtube cable looks like being externally routed on wheelz' frame, the 'Pina' graphic on the front of the seat tube is a different colour, but honestly, if your LBS was stocking these, at a favourable price, you think they wouldn't be snapped up?!

The UCI sticker also looks different/omitted, but I just found some identical (in terms of the above discrepancies) to Wheelz' frame on a Chinese site, and the UCI-approved sticker is indeed present.

Especially now that cycling is gaining so much in popularity, watch out for 'complete new Pinarello Dogma 2 - unridden - just £2000' on eBay.

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

Veseunr

its got an en bb 68!

probably try to keep the spending around the £800 mark, then its total price will be £1250. trying to keep it a bit sensible.  44
but who knows!!

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've got a nearly new 175mm 105 crankset 53/39 with BB for sale .... probably better than putting a new one on!!

Are Pinarello's Italian thread? How about Chinarello's?!

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

How much are you going to spend on it?

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Certainly looks a bit like a Pinarello  4

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

hope full it will end up looking pretty good.

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

oh well

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

hes sent me pictures of my frame! how do i load them?  39

0 likes

So, on another thread Dave Atkinson was flirting Pro-Lite Bracciano's at us all  4 which got me (and probably the OP) drooling. However, in a shootout with the Fulcrum Racing 3's linked to by Mikeh789 above, does anyone have any opinions on a winner?

OldnSlo | 12 years ago
0 likes

i've used parts from the guys at flyxii.com. my experience was
good.

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

i can understand some of the negativety, but someone has got to be the one of the 1st! the frame pictured, and frame giometry is all i and a few mates had to go by, and a couple of comments from our american cousins, and they all seemed positive! as for ebay, after some detective work it seems its the same company making all the frames.
i will find out good or bad soon enough. if it all goes tits up, at least i can inform everyone on here, and STW to keep clear. the saving grace is, DHgate dont release my money from paypal until ive opened the package and am happy with what ive got, and have contacted their site to do so.......! im hopeful that that will be my saviour.

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bruv, if you're prepared, go for it.

It'll probably be fine.

They're all made in the same place anyway, no matter what anyone says.  19

robcrow | 12 years ago
0 likes

you would get a much better frame on ebay or ribble for the same money.Just stay away from Pinarello as they are faked so much,the quality of these frames tend to be very poor.Usally around the bottom bracket area.You can often pick up a secondhand scott cr1 or giant tcr for around the same price and you know that way you are going to get a frame that performs well.With a real dogma your paying for high modules carbon( 60HMM1K carbon by Torayca with nanoalloy )and a wind tunnel tested frame.just copying the shape from a photo in a lower grade material dont cut it.Trying to copy the asymetrics of this frame make it a much more difficult job and tends to give them an inferior result then a conventionally shaped frame.Hope you get lucky and get a good copy.let us know.

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

been window shopping on the net, and come to realise that ultegra goes for about the same price as 105 gear?

im newish to road stuff, as been racing xc for a few years, and decided to do some serious road miles around W Sussex.been using my trusty 2010 trek 1.5, but its dirty, and i need to upgrade............
what sort of wheelset can i get for around £350? hopefully they be lightish too?

as soon as the frame turns up i will post some pictures, and comments.

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Post us some pics when you get it we'd be really interested to have a look

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think it will be a while before you can get a fake EPS system, but there are plenty of other fake parts out there

wheelz | 12 years ago
0 likes

its been ordered through DHgate, and they dont release my money through paypal until its been deleivered, and checked! im keeping an eye on my money.

im probably just as concerned as all the rest but thought for once ide take a punt! and yes i saw the top gear prog!

14 days til it (hopefully) gets here. i will keep you all posted. now where can i get a fake campag eps super record groupset from?  39

Stevie B replied to wheelz | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi Wheelz

Couple of questions

How is the frame riding now ?

Plus do you have the name of the seller you purchased from on DHGate ?

arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'll be interested in following how you get on. Keep us posted.

Did you see the Top Gear episode recently which showed the fake minis and Toyotas etc? Seemed to be perfectly serviceble, if lacking a little quality.

The difference between this and Ribble/PX etc is probably the lack of a CE mark. Not forgetting the UCI sticker!

If it doesn't fall apart and it looks good, then more power to your elbow sir. Scrap the Shimano 105 though. Fake Campag EPS Super Record on a Pinarello, surely?

Pages

Latest Comments