Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

£1500 Cyclocross bike - First choices

If you had £1500 to spend on a Cyclocross bike what would be your first choice?

You know, the one which won't leave you alone when your trying to be dispassionate and checking specs etc..

The one that says, 'Buy ME! - you know you want to'

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

RoadChimp | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your suggestions chaps.

Both are a good buy from the looks of things.

I went for an On One Dirty Disco in the end as I fancied discs and knew the geometry would be spot on for me as I already have a Nanolight.

Cheers for your thoughts.

zzk | 12 years ago
0 likes

I bought a CAADx 105 2011 for half your budget last October. Great ride, 105 v relaible with slick shifting, 46/36 FSA chainset makes easy work of hills, BB30 makes most of your efforts. Usually ride a 54cm frame, but the large is perfect size. Short top tube may feel cramped if you're used to traditional geometry, so make sure you try before you buy. Not raced it yet, but have no worries about doing so. Only minor issue is front brake judder which has been reported elsewhere. Haven't tried to fix yet as not a great problem. I expect the bigger budget woiuld get you a classier steed, maybe carbon, the Scott and Cannondale are worth a look. For me this bike was an absolute bargain and just encourages you to ride in all weathers and on all surfaces. Would thoroughly recommend it.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

here's our caadx review:

http://road.cc/content/review/28545-cannondale-caadx-105

we have tested the 'nagger i'm afraid

joemmo | 12 years ago
0 likes

cannondale caadx 105 is worth a look, especially as you can get it for well under a grand, leaving spare change for a 2nd pair of wheels.

Velo_Alex | 12 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments