Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rapha classic bib shorts or Assos F1 Uno S5 for brevet

Hello,

I am planning to make some serious effort in building endurance on the saddle since I want to be able to do 2 brevets of 200 and 300 km. For that I am interested in buying my first good bib short. I am between Assos F1 Uno S5 and Rapha's Classis bib short. Is there a difference that justifies that Assos is 120-130 Euros while Rapha sells for 170 euros?

I really like Rapha gear and I own some gear for bodywear. Should I go for Rapha or Assos, since 35 euros are a big difference for me. I am willing to pay for quality but I am already at my limit.

Thanx

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

russyparkin | 12 years ago
0 likes

worth bearing in mind the pad in most shorts is made by cytech(including rapha) i own rapha shorts and dhb shorts,aeron race and pros the pad in the mid priced and rapha are very similar and for short distances i use the aeron pros for sportives and long rides i actually favour the dhb aeron race, (£55 ish quid)raphas are prettier but i wont replace them with new raphas thats for sure  1

phax71 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I own a few Rapha pieces (really nice, quality stuff) but dont own any of their padded shorts ..

I do however own some old ASSOS Bibshorts and I have to say they are the best I have ever worn. Other than that I have always been very happy with everything I have purchased from Giordana ... I have both Bibshorts and 3/4 Knix and both have been fine for long rides.

Blackhound | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have not used either of the shorts you have suggested but last summer I rode 4,000 miles in 8 weeks, many off-road and wore a pair of Etxeondo Dicolor for about half of the trip and they were truly excellent. Cheaper than either of the above as well and I really thought them a relative bargain

http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/etxeondo-dicolor-bib-shorts-894.html

(For the other half I wore the Etxeondo Attaque which were nicer, but a *lot* more expensive.)

Latest Comments