Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tweeks cycles

Has anyone bought anything from Tweeks cycles - are they legit ie not another Dave Hinde

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have not had a bad experience with them, seem cheapish too.

The Rhino | 5 years ago
0 likes

I had a poor experience with Tweeks, bought an expensive light from them that failed repeatedly and in the end they just claimed it wasn't faulty and refused any refund. Left me significantly out of pocket with a bike light I can't use!

I wouldn't go near them again.

60kg lean keen ... replied to The Rhino | 5 years ago
0 likes

I had a poor experience with Tweeks, bought an expensive light from them that failed repeatedly and in the end they just claimed it wasn't faulty and refused any refund. Left me significantly out of pocket with a bike light I can't use!

I know that you have had a bad experience with them but they are 100% real, they have proper bricks and mortar shop, I have had no problems with them. Please don’t trash them totally as we need as many LBS not less today, yes people / shops make mistakes , I am not trying to belittle your angst, I am just trying to give us the consumer more choices and if we only buy from the big guy then in such difficult times they will have the monopoly at our expense.

don simon fbpe replied to The Rhino | 5 years ago
1 like

The Rhino wrote:

They're a pretty big deal in motor racing and have been for a long time, I understand that Alan Minshaw still races. I remember the old tyre shop out in that there Cheshire countryside.

They are not a fly by night company and they are not a Dave Hinde.

If The Rhino has had a bad experience, I'm inclined to think that Tweeks have done the right thing. Having worked in public facing sales, I'm fully aware that the customer is not always right.

Feel free to introduce some facts (with supporting evidence) to embellish the story.

I'm surprised that Google pulled this 6 year old post up and I wonder how many other forums this tale of woe has been posted on.

60kg lean keen ... replied to don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
0 likes

Went to Tweeks a few weeks back, my sons BMX doing odd things, chain was to wide for any tools I had in the house and I needed to beak it, Tweeks were brill did the job on the spot with out asking silly money (less than buying a new chain tool!), as I have said before I have had no problems and have bought both online and in store.

The Rhino wrote:

They're a pretty big deal in motor racing and have been for a long time, I understand that Alan Minshaw still races. I remember the old tyre shop out in that there Cheshire countryside.

They are not a fly by night company and they are not a Dave Hinde.

If The Rhino has had a bad experience, I'm inclined to think that Tweeks have done the right thing. Having worked in public facing sales, I'm fully aware that the customer is not always right.

Feel free to introduce some facts (with supporting evidence) to embellish the story.

I'm surprised that Google pulled this 6 year old post up and I wonder how many other forums this tale of woe has been posted on.

[/quote]

Dobbsy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought a pair of sidi shoes from them that were unfortunatley the wrong size (my error).

I enquired about availability of the correct size (c.10days) and decided on a refund instead and sent the shoes back along with over the top returns form they insist on detailing as much.

A few days later having not recived a refund i checked my tweeks account, the shoes had been received and they had begun processing an order for the replacement shoes ignoring the form requesting a refund.

Had i not been looking for this i would have ended up with 2 pairs of shoes (bought them from wiggle instead), and another return to complete at my expense.

It was all resolved after a quick phone call but its not something id expect to have to do. Returns is part of a mail order business!

Another point to consider is the sketchy returns policy they have on their site stating

"Items returned after 7 days from receipt may be subject to a restocking charge of not less than 10%"

Which appears to contradict Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which states under "rights to cancel" section

"this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame."

combined with the "who pays return postage" section

"No admin or restocking fees should be charged. "

Didn't cause me any headaches in this instance but a nice pair of shoes or wheels returned out side of this window could see you down at least £20+ and having to argue for your cash back.

Probably wouldn't use them again for anything expensive or that i might have to return. I'm not really a fan of customer service 'errors' that keep hold of my money or attempting to make returns into something more difficult or profitable that they should be.

Chris Harting | 10 years ago
0 likes

Comment removed.

Dannyharrison24... | 11 years ago
0 likes

Localish to me, very good store and very good service. As someone else has already stated, it was started off the back of Demon Tweeks and if you are into motorsport in anyway shape or form you will know them as a market leader on on-line retailing backed up by a warehouse full of stock and an equally massive store. I would have no problems recommending them to anyone.

lazyusername | 11 years ago
0 likes

I ended up buying a genesis bike from Tweeks on people's recommendations on this thread. Very pleased would recommend.

soundsunlikely | 11 years ago
0 likes

Strong recommendation. I recently had component failure on a shimano rear derailleur and they dealt with the problem in a very patient, professional and accommodating fashion. four and a half star service (out of five)- there had to be a bit of me contacting them rather than other way round but essentially a very thorough and trustworthy bunch I'd say and very friendly with it. I'd have no hesitation recommending them.

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wot, no naysayers?! But, but...!

Wasnt aware of these guys, I'll have a look.

issacforce | 12 years ago
0 likes

they are great have ordered tyres and other things for bike, with no problems at all v quick delivery also highly recomended,

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

They're great. Local to me and they do a good service. They'll price match too.

philallan | 12 years ago
0 likes

they're good. bought a remarkably well-priced set of zipp 303s last year and bought some stuff since. recommended

lazyusername | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. Just need to find some money now...

Ant | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yep.

Genuine.

They've got a large showroom in Wrexham. Mate rides for them. Ordered a couple of things from them fine, and they've ALWAYS replied to my emails.

And as mentioned, they're a spin off on Demon Tweeks, but for bicycles instead.

Darth Weasel | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes, I've bough from them before, can't remember exactly what it was as it was a while back, but I had no problems with them.
FYI, they are part of Demon Tweeks, originally a motorsport retailer, been around for years (30 plus that I can remember).

StuAff | 12 years ago
0 likes

Emphatically legit- though they've only recently got into the cycle market, well established as an aftermarket seller of car parts etc. Not bought anything from them, but I've seen their store (10,000 square feet in Wrexham), very impressive.

Latest Comments