Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

cycling home a man in a flashy BMW winds down the window and shouts..

..."nice Colnago!"
sometimes life gives you a pleasant surprise.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

22 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 14 years ago
0 likes

BMW drivers seem to get a bad press.

However, the other week, I was on a ride and close to home found a squirrel that had clearly just been hit by a car, lying by the side of the road.

I stopped and called the vet we take our pup to, who (because they don't deal with wild animals) gave me the wild animal rescue number, who said they'd send someone local, who turned out to be someone from the vet we take the pup to anyway.

Hmm. Communication.

Anyway, she took the poor squirrel away - it died an hour later - but not before the guy in whose driveway we were parked while scooping up this poor dying animal started leaning on his horn because we were in his way for, ooh, 30 seconds.

Oh, getting back on topic - he was driving a BMW.

Morgan | 14 years ago
0 likes

Beats the bloke in the BMW who had to turn round TWICE to hurl abuse at us after he'd cut US up...

TheHatter replied to Morgan | 14 years ago
0 likes
Morgan wrote:

Beats the bloke in the BMW who had to turn round TWICE to hurl abuse at us after he'd cut US up...

Unfortunately that is the more common experience  2

BMW | 14 years ago
0 likes

Car or Bike BMW ?

TheHatter replied to BMW | 14 years ago
0 likes
BMW wrote:

Car or Bike BMW ?

car - clue's in the title really  3

Pierre | 14 years ago
0 likes

"Focus are the BMWs of the cycling world" - because people buy them on the basis of what other people say about how good they are...?

: P

jobysp | 14 years ago
0 likes

Sure is - just cycled home with him!

The Amazing Shrinking Gaz I think he likes to be called... I just call him tubz.

jobysp | 14 years ago
0 likes

Cheers mate.

I'm quite new to this cycling lark, so its been a bit tough at times, but I'll get there.

At least I didn't have to get down from 39 stone like my buddy has!

dave atkinson replied to jobysp | 14 years ago
0 likes

he's a mate of yours is he? good work to that lad, we ran a story about him not so long ago. I'm assuming it's the same 39 stone cyclist from manchester  1

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

loving the goals page on your blog, jobysp. good luck with crossing off the rest!

http://www.commutingtowork.co.uk/blog/?page_id=97

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Can't think who's the Bianchi of the car world as they make mundane bikes as well as Tour winners

Honda? or Nissan?  1

jobysp | 14 years ago
0 likes

Crikey! I read that expecting something like "you should be paying road tax" especially from a BMW driver!

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

I think Ridgeback = Hyundai then.

thebikeboy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Bianchi = Fiat surely they make some uninspiring stuff and some rather lovely cars too plus they own Ferrari and Alfa. On the other hand they could also be Renault.

I'd say Spec might be closer to BMW if Trek were Audi - and no I don't ride one.  1

TheHatter | 14 years ago
0 likes

Does that make Speciaized GM? Can't think who's the Bianchi of the car world as they make mundane bikes as well as Tour winners  39

Zaskar | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'd say Trek are VW or Audi of bikes for their build quality and warranty  19

therevokid | 14 years ago
0 likes

must make my trek a ford - capable, if uninspiring :-]

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Felt....a mustang? Amazing in a straight line but is a little awkward around corners.

sponging-machine | 14 years ago
0 likes

Does this mean my Giant is seen as a Kia? Oh dear.

TheHatter | 14 years ago
0 likes

was not what I expected at all - I was already to respond in kind! I actually caught up with him at the lights and we had a brief conversation where it was clear he knew his bikes.
And Cat1 surely Colnago's are the ferrari of bikes? I'd say Focus are the BMW's?

Barry Fry-up | 14 years ago
0 likes

heh. did you have the bird at the ready? i've been caught out like that before, once i almost flicked the V's at the vicar when he honked me  1

cat1commuter | 14 years ago
0 likes

After reading your title, this was not what I was expecting to read in the message!

Does this mean that Colnago's are the BMWs of bicycles?

Latest Comments