Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Greipel out of Qatar

"André Greipel (Lotto Belisol) has been ruled out of the Tour of Qatar with illness. The German sprinter had been expected to contend the sprints after a superb showing at the Tour Down Under, where he won three stages. His team expect him to recover for the Tour of Oman which starts later this month."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/greipel-out-of-tour-of-qatar

Back to the transfer drawing board...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

It might be as flat as Keira Knightley, but it has been windy as hell, 30Km/Hr head and cross. This caused splits in the womens race on various stages, so if FDJ get away as they will no doubbt try, and then the field splits, it could be tres interessant.

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got a bit of a cold myself as well, so no cycling for me this weekend for the first time in over 3 months.

Sprints wide open now, hope my changes are good, as I had Greipel and Cav.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

/see....and you all poked sarcastic fun at me. . . . I might start dubbing myself as a prophet of doom .  4

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ah yes, people have been taking lessons from a certain Mr A Ferguson on mind games me thinks  39

Some would call it cheating - i call it gamesmanship and a good effort at that to.....  19

carl simpson | 12 years ago
0 likes

oh no . im going to have to rethink my whole strategy  16

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Aye its awful new JAndrewHill

Going to have to completely restructure my team now  20

Like your style by the way, seems i have trained a few people into my tactics  19

0 likes

Can anyone else confirm this.
Just read on a french website that Mark Cavendish is also out of Qatar.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisson_d%27avril

aaus replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Can anyone else confirm this.
Just read on a french website that Mark Cavendish is also out of Qatar.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisson_d%27avril

I know that he fell a few days ago while he was training and had bruises. But I think, that was not that important to quit the race.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

as flat as a stroopwaffel  4

0 likes

Cheated???

It's a game of pure, unadulterated logic and skill . . .

The only cheating is done by those folk who try and suggest that Qatar is full of Alpine mountains, and every stage is a mountain top finish akin to Alpe D'Huez.

Its more a course for the Rabobank riders, as it is as flat as a dutch pancake (mmmmm)

bubby016 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ah, what fun  5 . Got cheated out of Cav by 0.1  102 . Pretty normal with my luck :<. Back to the drawing board  37 .

seabass89 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I am not revealing anything!

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hushovd in for now but no doubt i will change it again before the deadline....oh the stress is killing me  102

0 likes

i'm stumped too. So I've compromised and gone for some decent DS, who ride for teams that are good at TTT. . . . but there's time to change that again. . . .

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

With Greipel out i already had Cav in so my main concern now is who i replace him with:

Hushovd or Renshaw or Degenkolb or Galimzyanov or Sagan ?

I must admit i'm at a loss to be honest especially with the TT coming up.  39

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sweet, Greipel out Cav in!

Rvizzle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Another twist to my game-plan!

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well it makes thing easier for me because I was trying to fit 5 star riders into 4 positions. Unfortunately, Greipel was the one I was most confident about.

Latest Comments