Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giant TCR 2 - What's it like?

New bike time, and I've had my head turned by a Giant TCR Advanced 2.
Does anyone have one, and what's it like to ride? I have no plans to race, but looking for something a bit sharper than the Defy...
Anything else anyone would recommend for £2250 - £2500?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

seabass89 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have read reviews about Trek Madone.. Never ridden it, but apparently the bike tester said its the benchmark for any competitive bike..

Again.. Never ridden such an expensive bike, so I'm just pointing to the mag!

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/road/race_performance/madone_4_seri...

comm88 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Have a look at Storck, here:

www.downlandcycles.co.uk/storck.htm

I ride a 2009 Giant TCR2 and it is totally wkd, but just a tad too long in the top tube and you do feel it over longer distances.

Trek are also still right up there making good bikes.

Also, check out Cycling Plus and see what they are saying about the best bikes to buy in your price range.

Safe journeys, always.

Adam Buckland_ASD | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have the 2011 frame, can't remember which model number but it's the one equipped with Ultegra and DT Trigon wheels. The frame is super stiff and efficient, it can feel a little like a steam roller and as a result a little numb. Before this I had the previous TCR (round profile tubes) which was no where near as stiff but did have a level of delicacy that is missing with the new frame which made it more fun to ride in many ways. I have tried a Tarmac SL4 recently which seems to stick the best bits of both the old and new TCR's together, if the Speciaized fitted me as well as the Giant I'd probably get one!!

amc654 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have the 2010 model, and I love it. Surprisingly smooth/comfortable ride, given its stiffness.

Latest Comments