Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

contador

Almost the end of January, still no result to Contador inquiry as he now begins to rack up wins so early in the season, another super 'manoeuvre'?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

bashthebox - spot on mate, as i said earlier the amount Contador had in his system was tiny but that doesn't mean it's not wrong and still cheating if he took it deliberatley.

Now that the sport is getting cleaner every year i personally believe that the team of any rider caught should have it's licence removed.

You would then end up with teams like Garmin who pride themselves on clean riders.

Extreme measures are required  19

big mick | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hate the way people seem to think drugs are the easy option.They are only taken so one can train harder and longer.Not exactly an easy option but a route which is more used than most sports would like to admit.Do you not think football and other highly paid sports have the same problems as cycling?

bashthebox replied to big mick | 12 years ago
0 likes

No one would doubt that any form of training or racing is unbelievably tough at that level, but from your phrasing it's almost as if you're condoning drug use?

Here's the thing - until recently, a massive number of the peloton habitually doped. Looking back through past winners, you'd be hard pressed to find a clean one - even those who were never caught are pretty much certain to have been cheating *ahem Lance *ahem.
But amongst them were swathes of honest riders who played by the rules, and because they didn't have the extra level that the dopers had, they were lost in the mediocrity of the peloton.
You only have to look at how the climb times have increased in recent years despite far superior technology, training and nutrition to see that just 5 years ago, all the winners were cheating.

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

If, in the event that Bertie is banned, presumably that means that Any Schleck will be awarded the title of 2010 winner of the Tour de France. After #chaingate, he'll presumably feel happy?

Have a feeling Bertie will be let off though.

SevenHills replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

If, in the event that Bertie is banned, presumably that means that Any Schleck will be awarded the title of 2010 winner of the Tour de France. After #chaingate, he'll presumably feel happy?

I'm not that sure he will though. If i was Schleck i would have taken more pleasure in kicking his ass at the time and winning it in Paris rather than almost 2 years later and having it awarded courtesy of a protracted legal case.
That's not to say that the 2010 result should stand if he is found guilty and that Schleck would be a worthy winner.

archieboy | 12 years ago
0 likes

No ruling today, now put back to 6th Feb..

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Apparently the amount that was in his system was so low it hardly registered. I know it's still a banned substance so please dont jump down my throat.

It's a shame they cant do the countback system we use in blood alcohol tests so it would give you an idea how much actually went into him. Or perhaps they can and i'm waffling about nothing  46

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hope its just a fair result and not covered up and muddy

If he's done something wrong, find him guilty and ban him for life

If you think he's done something wrong, but no proof, then not much can be done

If he's done nothing wrong and it was the beef, then fair enough

BUT i want to see all the documents, that'll never happen, it'll all be buried and then in 20 years it'll come out that he should have been banned but wasn't

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hope he gets off because if he doesn't it makes professional cycling look like an utter joke.

And because I think he's ace.

yenrod replied to Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes
Cooks wrote:

I hope he gets off because if he doesn't it makes professional cycling look like an utter joke.

Exactly !

seabass89 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have to say I REALLY hope Contador is innocent. I would much more like him to be a fantastic cyclist in almost very aspect.

Then on the otherhand if he is guilty I hope he is brought to justice, and never races in cycling again.

Hopfully the truth will prevail - whatever it is!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thats because the date was set for the 31st i believe, so you wont be hearing anything yet

Latest Comments