Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rapha club jersey or Lightweight Jersey?

Hello,

Since I am new to cycling and the amount of cash needed to invest in gear is considerable, I am interested in getting advantage of sales perioed and buy myself a summer jersey?

Based on your experience, for temperatures 28-35 Celsious, which of the two jerseys would be best?

Does the full zipper make a significant difference?

Thank you in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've been using the Rapha Lightweight jersey in Abu Dhabi, even in summer when the temperature is well over 40C so I would certainly recommend it.

Haven't tried Torm but I have tried Shutt. I liked the jersey but to be honest I sent it home to London and the cooler weather. It would be lovely for a UK summer jersey but I found that out here when I'm sweating bucketloads the wool soaked up a lot of moisture and it got quite heavy and saggy.

The Rapha on the other hand keeps its shape beautifully and allows the moisture to escape as much as a synthetic would.

The Shutt jersey works perfectly well wihin its design limits, but extreme heat is too much for it.

I suspect Torm would be the same but if they want to send me one I'm willing to test-ride it.

bashthebox | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just to re-iterate what everyone else has said - the Merino club jersey is far too warm for Greece. You definitely need something lightweight with a long zip.

kupepe replied to bashthebox | 12 years ago
0 likes
bashthebox wrote:

Just to re-iterate what everyone else has said - the Merino club jersey is far too warm for Greece. You definitely need something lightweight with a long zip.

point taken .. thank you all

phax71 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Crikey, buying Rapha when you got no money ... how does that work??  1

Try Torm, I love my jersey from these guys ... they make some great stuff, may be a little on the heavy side for Greek temperatures although I used mine on some blistering days in UK last Summer .. seem to remember we had one or two ..  1

http://www.torm.cc/products.html

Hope this helps ..

chrisc | 12 years ago
0 likes

Shutt VR sale. I just got a full zip white & blue summer jersey in L. Merino wool. Lovely jersey.

kupepe | 12 years ago
0 likes

U cannot do that in Greece ... should put the bike out 3/4 of the year ... darn country ... we got no money .. but we got this sun that just wont chill out .. EVER !!!!

chrisc | 12 years ago
0 likes

28-35C. I'd put the bike away, take cover and drink cold beer...

TheHatter | 12 years ago
0 likes

full zips make you look like a pro!  16

simonkenyon | 12 years ago
0 likes

I rarely zip anything further down than halfway so couldn't comment on that, but I think you would find the club jersey a bit thick and warm for that sort of temperature - I would go with the lightweight one (which is also a bit more "fitted")

Latest Comments