Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

cycle clubs

any body on here live in the dewsbury huddersfield area wanting to join a cycle club any recommendations

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

madoneking | 12 years ago
0 likes

I am close to Dewsbury (Gomersal, I have a facebook bike group but not a club as such. Go out with a group quite regular on road and MTB. Let me know if you want to meet up ?

mpt68 replied to madoneking | 12 years ago
0 likes

yes might be interested whats the name of the group on facebook i'll have a look

amc654 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm a member, yes. No one gets left behind, particularly on the shorter/slower Sunday ride or the Tuesday evening ride. And the distance will probably be about right for you.

We get new riders quite regularly, and there's a real effort to make everyone feel welcome!

Since this time of year both the faster & slower groups leave at 9am from the station, just make sure you leave with the correct group!

mpt68 | 12 years ago
0 likes

cheers guy are you both members. when i go out usually average 30-60 miles a ride. just heard some bad stories about new riders being left behind by some clubs and thtas a bit off putting

amc654 | 12 years ago
0 likes

http://www.starwheelers.com/

Loads of options ... fast, slow, road, MTB, general fitness, serious training, racing, leisure rides, etc. ... plus very friendly and sociable. It depends what you're looking for, but typically the best bet is to try out either the shorter Sunday a.m. ride (usually ca. 40-60 mi, w/ plenty of regroups) or the Tuesday night ride (usually 1.5-2 hrs).

Spanielsson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments