Home

So whats your final stage team looking like?

I've just gone obvious with mine

Andre Greipel (LOT)
Edvald Boasson Hagen (SKY)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Christopher Sutton (SKY)
Jonathan Cantwell (SAX)
Tiago Machado (RSN)
Rohan Dennis (USA)
William Clarke (USA)

My transfers for today were

William Clarke in for Luke Roberts
Tiago Machado in for Martin Kohler
Alejandro Valverde in for Oscar Freire

I can see Gerrans and Valverde going hell for leather because they are on the same time in the GC

44 comments

Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Gerrans will mark Valverde and stop him getting any bonus seconds. There aren't that many up for grabs and I expect the sprinters to fight for the points so he's effectively already won.

I expect the pure sprinters and Boassan Hagen to do well. Greipel will probably do well if he wants it and has recovered from the last two days. Then there's Bennati and Hutarovich, or Rojas, Renshaw etc.

You needed W Clarke on stage 2. I expect he's still recovering. The 68 points I got from him is the main reason I'm still near the top. But Von Hoff might be worth a try if you fancy a UniSA rider. I had Dennis and Norris yesterday but Norris (a mountain biker) obviously isn't ready yet.

I've got 3 transfers left to catch up 20 odd points. It can be done but the transfers are going to have to be spot on.

Gkam84 [9086 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Had Van Hoff from the start, but only gave me 10 points

Took him out for Kohler yesterday

The only reason i put Clark in because he might fancy some sprint and climbing points, but i dont even know the course if there are any climbing points?

So covered that with Dennis, who is 5th in GC and top of the climbers  4

TERatcliffe26 [4621 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Being as though you might and possibly will still catch me Alan, i wont yet reveal my transfers/team for tomorrow

Squiggle [403 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Feeling pretty daft! Finally stopped playing on heart and went back to the system which I used all through last season. The switches I just made actually surprised me as I just hadn't been looking there at all, guess this new finishing points system had me all muddled up. Quietly confident that I'll get a TDU points PB tomorrow.  16

Raleigh [1665 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

First time I went down this morning, but not as much as some people who were dropping like 160 places!  13

0 likes

Right here goes:

Gerrans
Greipel
Matthews
EBH
Machado
Dennis
Roberts
Florencio
Sutton

dave atkinson [6223 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've gone:

Greipel
Gerrans
Matthews
EBH
Sutton
Cantwell
Clarke
Meyer
Dennis

and that's with a 20-point penalty  39

0 likes

Im gonna say Florencio could be the big key to me winning

thefatcyclist [543 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

well here it is. I have looked at this for ages and reset the changes 5 times.

Edvald Boasson Hagen (SKY)
Andre Greipel (LOT)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Michael Matthews (RAB)
Christopher Sutton (SKY)
Tiago Machado (RSN)
Jonathan Cantwell (SAX)
Rohan Dennis (USA)
Nathan Haas (GRM)

Bottled it but at one time I had taken out EBH for Goss and 20 penalties, and had Pettachi instead of Haas, and Greipel which left me 0.1 credits

0 likes

Well my transfer of Greipel out Lagutin in cost me.....If i had transfered anyone who scored in, any safer bet, or even if i had left greipel in and rolled over the transfer it would have all been different

onto the next race

Squiggle [403 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Oh well, poor showing by my team but still a 2nd tour PB. Bennati let me down with RNT riding for Bakelants today by the sounds of it. Anyway on to the next race. At least the form guide should be easier to read come March.  16

Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

@TERatcliffe26

Regrets, regrets. If I hadn't changed Gerrans for Bakelants from 3 to 4 I would have won. Should have stuck to my Aussie theme!!

For 6 Florencio and Matthews were a disappointment for me. Swapped Bakelants for Greipel and I thought Hut might do well but didn't swap, but went for Belleti and Cantwell (only kidding about von Hoff Gkam84!). Picked up a few points on you but the winner got a few more than either of us.

Congrats to yourself (4th isn't bad) and especially to the winner. Not surprising that an Aussie won I suppose. It's the first time I've ever paid any attention to the TDU and I don't know Paris-Nice either. Only started to seriously follow cycle racing in May last year with my discovery of this game and the Giro. But I'll be back.

Now I've got to get on my bike and put in 40 odd miles to bring my total up to 100 for the week. My target for Jan!

0 likes

Yup, alot if, buts and maybes, im sure alot of little changes from any of us and any one of us that was up near the top could have won.

Yup if Florencio had pretty much scored in the points i would have podiumed, or if i had gone cantwell rather sutton with my second transfer yesterday. Its fine margins and a surprise can always happen

But still happy with 4th, and if i remember rightly you did pretty well last year overall? Yeh ive been following cycling for a while, but only since this game have i payed attention to some of the so called lesser and early season races. But you also need some luck with your choices.

Also its much easy to be bold with transfers when you are chasing the top positions than when you are in the top 3 and trying to stay there

JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Good first tour and I can't wait will March.
Kept my highish position in the league.

AWPeleton [3332 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Ended up first in North East region league and upto 67th in whole comp so cant be to down....

Bring on the next races  4

fluffchucker [272 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Phew, 117 points & moved up the leagues.  1
Got a long ways to go yet though chasing the epicycling nerdy types  26

thefatcyclist [543 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Pretty happy, only mistake was not putting in Moreno on stage 4, because I was saving a transfer, that would have given me 40 points over 4/5 enough to win, but hindsight is easy.
I might do ok in Paris-Nice, but I am rubbish at one day races, so expect to dive bomb then. Well played all.

0 likes

GUYS why on earth did you take Greipel out??

I wanna see the prizes going to the people involved in the forum's  19

I did my PB of the TDU today 138  4

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I wanna see the prizes going to the people involved in the forum's  19

Nah mate, its Sunday, should be out cycling  19

0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Come join me and i'll go out cycling  19

But NOT in this http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2168/39577210150477483297056.jpg

In the background there is normally a hill, this one

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/37284_408039512055_...

Visibility just now is down to about 3 foot, just dont trust the drivers around here  4

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Come join me and I'll go out cycling  19

But NOT in this http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2168/39577210150477483297056.jpg

Where even are you? Weather Xtra says that there are no reports of snow in the UK ATM.

Oh, and I've done some research, and resistance pools are about £13k off eBay, worth a look for the 'Therapist.  19

aaus [16 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

After a dream-like week, I finished my first fantasy tour on top.

My biggest gratitude goes to Alejandro Valverde who takes me 15 steps up yesterday  1

The game is really incredible. Can't wait till march!

Cheers from Turkey.

0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Where even are you? Weather Xtra says that there are no reports of snow in the UK ATM.

Oh, and I've done some research, and resistance pools are about £13k off eBay, worth a look for the 'Therapist.  19

Just south of Glenshee ski centre  1 To be fair, that picture was this morning, but its been on and off with the sun coming out in between and high winds

aaus wrote:

Hi,

After a dream-like week, I finished my first fantasy tour on top.

My biggest gratitude goes to Alejandro Valverde who takes me 15 steps up yesterday  1

The game is really incredible. Can't wait till march!

Cheers from Turkey.

Well done aaus, enjoy your new wheels and hope you stick about the forums and have a chat now and then  4

giff77 [1251 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Ach. That's just a wee skiff gkam  19 though on thursday I got caught out - snow and hail back to back. Feet were like blocks of ice. Should have grabbed my overshoes  4

AWPeleton [3332 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I could have posted a picture of north east England today but all it would have shown was lush blue skies, perfect riding weather i here you say, unfortunately the 40+ mph winds dont seem to show up on my camera  21

giff77 [1251 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

@stumps - if you can hold the bike down to get on it, it's not windy  4 Am in Norfolk for a long weekend and has been cracking weather. Looked at the Scottish weather 70Mph wind ouch!!

The _Kaner [778 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Yeap...been a wee bit blustery over here in Ireland too...
Twisterville...lol
If only Garmin had anemometers in their Edge series....

Simon_MacMichael [2452 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
giff77 wrote:

@stumps - if you can hold the bike down to get on it, it's not windy  4

Clip in left foot, push off (slightly uphill) go to clip right foot in, massive gust of wind, bike and me fall over to left-hand (clipped in) side.

As I lay on the ground, I thought, at least there's no-one around to witness my shame.

Then I saw the neighbours at their kitchen window pissing themselves laughing...

0 likes

Dont worry Simon, I did something like that last week, on the road home, i decided to stop in past a shop, all fine, bought my lotto and jumped on the bike, getting towards the junction, i saw it was busy, so tried to unclip, no way was my pedal letting go, so i thought, i'll just try a track stand, can normally hold them for a good 45 seconds, NOT today the wind though, just got into position to track it and BANG, a gust of wind from no where and i was on the deck, only about 5 cars and a couple of pedestrians about, i must have gone as red as my top  20

aaus [16 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Well done aaus, enjoy your new wheels and hope you stick about the forums and have a chat now and then  4

Thanks a lot. I think, from now on I will spend more time here.

By the way, the weather was awful here in Istanbul as well for all week. Finally, I did my training in a nearby island today. Here:

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/orig...

Pages