Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ruben Perez / Ruben Perez Moreno

Listed as "Ruben Perez" in the fantasy cycling but listed as "Ruben Perez Moreno" in results listings on e.g. cyclingnews.com (sorry, didn't mean to swear).

Wondering if that is why he has no points credited to him when I believe he should have some points from the Stage 4 mountains?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Am i wrong or should Van Avermaet get 1 point for finishing 20th?

divebabe31 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave! I now have points for Ruben  1
(and on my performance so far, I need every point I can get!)

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

might be right now, you never know. i thought i'd got the wrong moreno and just ported the points over, didn't realise they'd both scored. how selfish is that? give a guy a break...

0 likes

ah dammit.

cherrypicked | 12 years ago
0 likes

This still doesn't look right to me. According to the TDU(/&cyclingnews) website Ruben Perez scored points on Smith Hill and Javier Moreno scored on Menglers and stage finish. Only noticed as I was considering the latter for inclusion in team

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Spanish naming conventions, dontcha love 'em?

Second name is father's surname, third name is mother's maiden name (and is usually dropped).

So, Carlos Sastre, not Carlos Sastre Candil, Alberto Contador, not Alberto Contador Velasco, etc.

Ah, but what about Luis Leon Sanchez, I hear you ask? Well, he has two first names. He's actually Luis Leon Sanchez Gil.

Official results tend to show the full name, but the media generally drop the mother's maiden name, as we do in our reports, results listings and the Fantasy Game.

Looks like this one may have sneaked through due to confusion caused by that last part of the name appearing on the results.

0 likes

probably gave them to javier moreno  3

i'll check

Latest Comments