Kinesis GF_Ti - only selling because of move to Oz!

by RichTheRoadie   January 18, 2012  

Despite only building this around 9 weeks ago it's already time to shift it on - it needs to go because I'm moving to Australia and only plan to take my Baum with me.

Here's the spec...

• Kinesis GF_Ti frame and forks in 57cm
  • Wheels are DT240 hubs laced with Sapim CX Ray bladed spokes to Mavic Open Pro Ceramic rims running Conti GP24 tyres and DT Swiss RWS skewers
  • Brakes are TRP 970SLs in white
  • Stem and post are 3T Pro
  • Bars are Pro Vibe
  • Shifters, mechs and chainset are SRAM Red - rear mech and chainset are black edition
  • Cassette and chain are Ultegra
  • Cables are Jagwire
  • Saddle options available - new Flite 1990 currently mounted, but also have a San Marco Regal or a Selle Italia Teknologika SLR (which is what I'd prefer to sell it with)
  • Mudguards are Curana C-Lite
  • Setup as pictured (and listed) it's a top notch winter bike, but believe me if you strip off the mudguards and change the wheels you have a race bike on your hands despite its 'Gran Fondo' title.

Despite the massive spacer stack I've had to run to make it work for me, I love this bike - I have quite a quirky body shape (massive legs for my height) which is why I have to run the spacer stack. Any more normally-proportioned person around 5'9"-6' would probably be fine on this with much less spacers.

Here's the road.cc review, and here's my own review. The detail on the Kinesis site is here too.

Price? £2000. I'm not keen to split so please don't ask until I offer it. I might consider offers, but nothing cheeky. The frame is only 9 weeks old and retails at £1400 so it ain't a bad price for a complete bike with this spec!

Here's a pic of how it's currently setup:

I'll try and get some more shots done soon.

PM me if you're keen!

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Anyone keen if I split it?...

posted by RichTheRoadie [86 posts]
    24th January 2012 - 10:37

2 Likes

Right, how about this...

£1900 complete
    £1700 without wheels
    £900 frameset, with Kinesis seatpost & mudguards

If the frameset sells I'll talk about prices for the rest of the kit.

3rd February 2012 - 0:07

1 Like

One final offer before I begin dismantling: £1600 without wheels and with SRAM Red brakes.

Any takers?...

4th February 2012 - 19:44

1 Like

SOLD

8th February 2012 - 23:27

2 Likes

Glad you shifted it in the end Rich! have fun down under Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7429 posts]
    9th February 2012 - 0:26