Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Aero road bike

Im looking to get a new road bike and the forums advice would be appreciated.
I think I want something aero and carbon and a flippable seat post does appeal (but isnt essential but i do some triathlon so it might be handy)

I think ive narrowed it down to 3 choices
S5,
Scott Foil
Neil Pryde Allez

All would be ultegra build. The Scott and Neil Pryde are around 3k and the Cervelo is 4k (which is a lot of extra race wheel money).

Ive not had any time on the bikes but can demo the Scott and Cervelo without much problem when the weather gets better. Ive read the reviews on road.cc but does anyone have any experience on the bikes or points to lead me to my decission?

j

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

The Alize was one of our top ten bikes of the year last year...

road.cc/content/news/49650-roadcc-bikes-year-top-10

Simon E | 12 years ago
0 likes

How the bike feels and fits you is more important than anything, so any input here is likely to be superfluous, and may even be misleading.

Hope you enjoy riding whichever one you choose (you lucky b*****d  3 )

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've not tried the S5 but I have Cervelo and love it to bits! There's a lot of bitching on the Cervelo forum about the S5 having too long a headtube but you can pick up last years S3 frameset for around £2500 which puts it in the same money bracket as the NP/Scott for a vastly more proven bike. I assume you've also looked at Canyon, Ridley, Boardman etc...

pierre-rower | 12 years ago
0 likes

Go for the scott foil, then get some zipps!!

Latest Comments