Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Prescription sunglasses for cycling?

Does anyone have experience of ordering cycling specific sunglasses online?

I've just got hold of my prescription and want to order some. Just wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with any particular company and can recommend?

Many thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

I spent ages trying to find a decent pair of prescription shades. So I got my eyes lazered instead. Now I can look at CDs and hear them in my mind... Pew pew pew...

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated!

jezzzer | 12 years ago
0 likes

another big vote for optilabs. i have had two pairs of oakleys glazed there and they are great ... very helpful, willing to make higher-Rx lenses than Oakley would (i'm pretty short-sighted). highly recommended, and just down the road from you too in Croydon.

stereojet | 12 years ago
0 likes

I use these, in part (for full disclosure) because a friend owns the company but mostly because they are very good. The inserts are bigger than most other prescription glasses and they don't rub on my eyelashes, which is more than I can say for some other, more expensive brands.

http://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=45

TchmilFan | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can recommend Optilabs.

They might not be the coolest *brand* in the world but my black "Topworld" frames has raised many a "Where did you get your glasses?" query - even from Italian fashionistas.

The new Magma frames look interesting.

(I was given Oakley vouchers for Xmas... without the person realising how much I'd have to spend to get the lenses done, urk!)

Latest Comments