Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Decathlon Shoes

Is there anybody out there who is familiar with the Decathlon home brand's Cycling shoes:

B'Twin Road Caycling shoes 9

After trawling both the internet and my LBS, they seem like a relative bargain, what with their carbon sole and ratchet mechanism.

I thought that I would ask the largest cycling fraternity that I know of, the Road.cc forum.

I hope that you're not bored of these questions.

Pictures to follow.  26

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

farrell | 12 years ago
0 likes

They do stock Mavic in Decathlon, or at least the one in Stockport does.

I have several of their cycling jerseys and although you'll get sneered at by a Castelli or Rapha wearer for their simple styling approach and one block colour you simply can't fault them for £7 a throw.

I also have a cycling jacket from there which has lasted me about 4/5 years and its still going strong. Given the number of wears I have had out of it, including a fair few crashes, tumbles and falls, on and off road I wouldnt be surprised if it was bullet proof. I'm surprised that more Decathlon gear doesnt get reviewed on here to be honest, given the low prices and value for money, or is it something of a well kept secret from those that dont have a huge, big sports supermarket on their doorstep?

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

I got Specialized BG Comps anyway.

Sorry for you guys' trouble, but I couldn't be bothered to sit on the Jubilee line for an hour each way.

Ironically I'm going there anyway to get overshoes.

TfL grrrrrrr...

one_bad_mofo | 12 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Was that Surrey Quays?

Indeed it was. Does this mean I've got a stalker?  7

Raleigh replied to one_bad_mofo | 12 years ago
0 likes
one_bad_mofo wrote:
Quote:

Was that Surrey Quays?

Indeed it was. Does this mean I've got a stalker?  7

No, Sherlock told me  4

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Was that Surrey Quays?

one_bad_mofo | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was in Decathlon at the weekend, buying a turbo trainer, and I noticed they've got some of their road shoews heavily discounted in the sale.  3

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gotta love value for money. The French certainly know how to outsource themselves, seeing as there's no Mavic in Decathlon

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Always loved Decathlon. A sports store that sells, you know, sports kit. Crazy French. It'll never catch on.

Bought a lot of stuff there over the years for riding both bikes and (for a while) horses, always been really pleased with their own-brand stuff especially given the prices.

I don't know this specific shoe, but of you look to the right of your original post, there is a review of one of their other shoes which tells you all you need to know - you're not going to get all the bells and whistles of shoes that cost £££ but you are getting very good value for money

James Warrener replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

Always loved Decathlon.

+1

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cool?

Latest Comments