Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Coming out for a ride?

Hi Folks

Thought you might be interested in this!

Looking for a new challenge?

Something to stretch you just enough to know you’ve been stretched yet still allow you time for a normal life before?

Join us for a day on LeJogLe! lands-end to john o'groats and back to lands-end, 1800 miles in just 10 days!

Starting May 21st and lasting for 10 days we will ride from lands-end up to john o’groats and then back down again.

Full details can be found at www.lejogle.co.uk

Each day will take in approximately 180 miles of riding + break and lunch stops!

If you don’t think you can make a full day then of course you can come along for a half day,
There is a £25 admin fee for coming along and we will be producing jerseys to mark the event and to raise awareness of the charities we are riding for.

All we ask is that you raise money for the chosen charities – you do this by joining our LeJogLe ‘team’ on at justgiving.com and pick a charity!

We are aiming to be starting to cycle each day at 7am for a full day of riding ahead of us!

There will be a support vehicle with us carrying bags etc so all you have to do is focus on your ride and have fun!

To get in touch with us about the ride please email martin [at] lejogle.co.uk

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

themartincox | 12 years ago
0 likes

Happy new week folks!

oh undoubtedly a certain level of fitness will be required, I personally believe that even a non-cyclist could do 1 day of riding if they started training for it now and were willing to put a fair bit of effort into it! (i.e ride 3 times per week!!)

For any semi-serious cyclist however its a good challenge and a great way to build some endurance miles before the summer kicks off properly! Its not about the speed for each day, we are aiming for a 15mph average pace so its not too taxing, but it will certainly kick in on the 'uphill' days!

Remember - if you want to join in just pop along to www.lejoge.co.uk and send us your details!

farrell | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just looking at the route, Dumfries to Stoke in one day? Thats about a four hour motorway drive.

Hats off to you if you manage it lads.

farrell | 12 years ago
0 likes

Surely if the riders are looking at 180 miles a day, by the time people join in with them, after a few days perhaps, they arent going to be hammering along at late 1990's peleton speeds?

Starting at 7, ride for 3 or 4 hours, break, do 3 or 4 more hours, take another break, then do a few more.

Actually, after typing that out it does seem like a bloody big task!

I think a few glasses of red have given me a false sense of bravery!

themartincox | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the wishes - and if you think that 180 miles is too many for your legs in one day then by all means come along for half a day and do a 90miles instead

still a nice distance but without the risk of being unable to walk the next day  16

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

that'd certainly stretch me, i think i'd snap  1

Mostyn | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's a testing ride, even for the fittest of road cyclists; and not really catering for your average cyclist!

Think you need to call this one : An Elite Cycle Ride!

Good luck with the ride out.

themartincox replied to Mostyn | 12 years ago
0 likes
Mostyn wrote:

That's a testing ride, even for the fittest of road cyclists; and not really catering for your average cyclist!

I get your point but perhaps you may have misread it, you don't have to do the whole thing - a day in the saddle is more than enough!

180 miles is a big ride, but if you have a base level of fitness already and don't mind taking a day off work the next day to recover then 180 miles is a good challenge without having to murder yourself!

It's supposed to be tricky, thats why we want sponsorship for it - if it was too easy everyone would be doing it!  3

Mostyn replied to themartincox | 12 years ago
0 likes
Martin - LeJogLe wrote:
Mostyn wrote:

I get your point but perhaps you may have misread it, you don't have to do the whole thing - a day in the saddle is more than enough!

180 miles is a big ride, but if you have a base level of fitness already and don't mind taking a day off work the next day to recover then 180 miles is a good challenge without having to murder yourself!

It's supposed to be tricky, thats why we want sponsorship for it - if it was too easy everyone would be doing it!  3

I agree with you on the fitness level! Even one day doing 180, miles would require a high level of fitness. I'd say your target rider would be from Cycling clubs; riders with some distance in their legs. 30, years back and I may have put my name down for it? going to be a tough ride. Hope you do extremely well with the venture.

Latest Comments