Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Turbo training media

Hi all after a year on the road, I'm now in the garage hitting the turbo. To be honest I find it boring, I guess I'm not alone. So, what music movies or other tips do you have for making those turbo sessions fly by?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

joeegg | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've been using "Seek out Cycles" dvd's from Amazon.
6, hour long dvd's for about £26 delivered.
They give you an intensity rate to work at so you have to judge your fitness yourself.The rides are around the Rockies and the hour passes pretty quickly.
Even my wife is using them and she does very little cycling.

bpric | 12 years ago
0 likes

I find most 'workout' videos a bit too boring. Instead, I watch movies that have a lot of action. My favorite is "Run Lola Run". It's all action. It has a great techno soundtrack. And it's broken up into three 20-minute sections, so it's perfect for intervals. What could be better?
-- Bryan

Andywoo | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks (I think) for the Sufferfest.

Turbo training is no longer boring.

hard yes, vomit inducing yes.

I like it  4

just for info the sufferfest isn't on itunes

but it is here www.thesufferfest.com

Anybody got any other tips?

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

A mirror and some hateful thoughts!  19

Andywoo | 12 years ago
0 likes

On your recommendation I've ordered my first sufferfest video I've gone for a very dark place. It's downloading now so I'll feedback when my legs stob wobbling.

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's all about Local Hero, because you get Time Trialling and sprints, best value for money  1

Securivaj | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

Angels from the Sufferfest gets a big thumbs up as well.

ped | 12 years ago
0 likes

+1 for TheSufferFest vids. Only a tenner or so and the two I use are well worth that. 'Downward Spiral' and 'A Very Dark Place' are good. Well, I say good, but they're evil …

napalm100 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

Take a look at "The Sufferfest", you can find it on Itunes where there should be free samples but you have to pay for the full workouts.

Latest Comments