FS - 700c Road Carbon Tubular Wheels - 1299 Grams!!

by napalm100   January 8, 2012  

I am selling a BRAND NEW (never been riden, never even had a tub fitted) handbuilt set of Carbon Tubular Planet-X rims on Spin Cycle Works hubs.

I have been building wheels of all types for nearly 8 years now, as such I have learnt to use the best parts and techniques when lacing and building wheels.

The front wheel has been built using a radial spoke pattern, while the rear is built with a 2-cross lacing pattern on both drive and non-drive sides of the wheel.
Complete front wheel including Spin Cycle Works skewers is just 543 grams while the rear wheel, again with skewer weighs just 756 grams. Yes, that means a full package weight of 1299 grams!!!

Rims:
20 hole front and 24 hole rear full 3K Carbon Tubular rims.
Info from Planet X website:
“We use a Smooth-Wall technology production method on our new Carbon 20 rims. It makes the internal surfaces as smooth and wrinkle free as the outer surface. The result is better uniformity of the carbon layers and reduced wrinkles or voids compared to normal carbon wheel production - ultimately this means greater strength, minimum risk of stress fracture and a significantly lighter, yet stronger carbon products.”
Features:
• Carbon Tubular Rim
• Super-stiff High Tensile TC35 Carbon
• 20mm deep rim
• Offest drilled
• 3K Carbon fibre construction
• Good braking performance
• Decals under durable clear-coat finish
• Available in 20 and 24 holes
• Comes with a set of carbon specific brake pads (Shimano or Campa)
• Laser cut graphics under laquer finish
• Please note this rim for tubular tyres only

Hubs:
Spin Cycle Works 20 hole front and 24 hole rear hub.
The front hub contains 4 sealed cartridge bearings housed in a forged aluminium body and has a weight of just 65 grams!
The rear hub again has 4 sealed cartridge bearings housed in a forged aluminium body with a 15mm dia. aluminium axel, his hub has a weight of just 250 grams! The rear hub also has an extremely fast power pick-up due to the 6-pawl freehub body resulting in pick-up every 7.5 degrees.
The rear hub is Shimano/Sram freehub body design but can be swapped for a Campag compatable one very easily.

Spokes:
DT Swiss Competition double butted silver spokes in both front and rear wheels, both laced using DT brass nipples, slightly heavier but much more reliable and durable than alloy.

The wheels will include carbon specific brake pads and the wheel skewers.

Asking for £400.00 including postage, will take Paypal or cash on collection (I live in Cornwall)

Thanks for looking, feel free to ask any questions or send me a PM if interested.

Cheers