Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Stage Scoring Table Feedback and Wish List

Overall I like the new game design. I just saw the scoring tables and I was a little disappointed that the scoring changed. I kind of liked the straight forward point system at the end of a race, from 20 to 1 points for the stage results. It had a feeling of being 'fair'. Any chance you might consider going back to the old system? Or go 'down'on the points awarded to a max of 25 for the first rider in?

By the way:

1. What does 'Points TBC' mean?
2. Out of curiousity, is the new scoring for the TDU reflective of the actual points in the real race? Is that the way points are awarded during the real race?
3. I wish we could have just 4 domestiques, instead of 5.
4. FOR THREE WEEK RACES: I actually miss the limits based on rider type. I woudn't mind if you could only choose ONE sprinter a day and ONE GC guy a day.

I'll wait and see how it pans out, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks, though, it's a beautiful design and a fun game!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

98 comments

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

What about a "like" button next to reply and quote. It would stop the masses of cut and paste to read through before you can get to understand what the point was about. Its a bit like the "FB like" button.

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

... How about the opposite? You get two [transfers] a day, like we do now, but you can bank them forever and use them whenever you want? You can only accumulate them, not borrow. You just don't lose them, which is what I hate, especially after rest days... That'll force a little bit of planning ahead... 16th July 2012 - 23:30

enrique wrote:

46 (Sigh!) Just reread this suggestion from July 2012 and my eyes watered...

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Now this made me laugh a little bit  3

(Sigh!) Well, I can't blame you  3 ... As I wipe the tears from eyes and realize the sad irony of having suggested the very game function that now irks me so much at not being able to enjoy for free! How ironic...

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I can think of a different word starting in I and ending in C!!

Jonas Lorenzen replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, but it would be awesome if I could show only SKY riders and sort those by ex. ITT score etc., like the show only riders "under 5" in cost..just with teams instead..does this make sense, my english grammar seems to have gone from ok to very bad in 6 hours..

dave atkinson replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

Yeah, but it would be awesome if I could show only SKY riders and sort those by ex. ITT score etc., like the show only riders "under 5" in cost..just with teams instead..does this make sense, my english grammar seems to have gone from ok to very bad in 6 hours..

You're right. that would be useful.

I have made it so. type in any team code and it'll display just that team

JAndrewHill replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Woo hoo Dave, You're a star

....but would I ever search for every rider with SKY in the surname. e.g. Talansky? ;0)

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dave, I didn't know where to put this, so  39 ...

I think I remember you putting out a list of the riders that had scored the most points from a breakaway, am I right? Or is my brain befuddled? Although I may be right and (!) my brain is befuddled, anyways!  1 Anyways, is that a list you could put out again? Or is there a way to search for that in the metrics you guys already provide?  39 ... Thanks!  1

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
portu wrote:

...On the page http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Dave, I still like this page a lot. You can see all the riders in the competition on one page, and, since I cut and paste a lot, this page works better for me to check out against start lists than the 'Rankings' page.

The reason is that in the current 'Rankings' page you can't copy only the riders in the çurrent competition. When you try to copy just the riders from the current competition it pastes all the riders in the game. Which is well over 2,000 riders.

Would you consider adding a column to this page (http://fantasy.road.cc/riders) for current rider values? Thanks!  1

Pages

Latest Comments