Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Game

I love it. It's beautiful. Wow. I like the flexibility of being able to choose riders with so much flexibility. And it's fast! Wow! I'm going to like this a lot! Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

77 comments

Gkam84 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

http://inrng.com/2012/01/2012-peloton-in-numbers/

That link was interesting reading from the start

Basically because of the oldest riders

Jens Voigt Radioshack-Nissan 40
Christopher Horner Radioshack-Nissan 40
Robbie McEwen Greenedge 39
George Hincapie BMC 38
Stuart O’Grady Greenedge 38
Levi Leipheimer Omega Pharma – Quickstep 38

I have removed some names from the list, BUT these guys could, if they have not transferred out of the Leopard and Radioshack teams, been in the same team

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Froome was born in Kenya and did represent them but he's since switched to GB (and rode for Cav at Copenhagen).

If we start going by birthplace, Dave will need change David Millar to Malta, Wiggo to Belgium, Dan Martin to GB and Nico Roche to France, to name four riders off the top of my head.

I'm not sure we want to do that to him  3

Hugh Lupus replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

go on - it would be fun wstching him work it all out. . . .how about Dave indicating the following . . .
nationality,
country & place of birth,
country where his team is based,
country where he last went on holiday,
country where his main residence is,
country he'd like to retire to
etc.  102  102

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Haven't the LR points been changed to the last person across the finish line on the stage? That's going to be incredibly hard to predict.

Simon_MacMichael replied to Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Haven't the LR points been changed to the last person across the finish line on the stage? That's going to be incredibly hard to predict.

Well, some days on the Grand Tours it won't be too hard to predict who some of the more likely candidates will be.

But think of it as a bonus if one of your riders has a shocker  3

portu replied to Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Ok, so it's not the 'Lanerne Rouge' who gets these 10 points... It's literally the last rider to cros the line each day, right? So, it should practically be a different rider every day, right?

dave atkinson replied to portu | 12 years ago
0 likes
portu wrote:

Ok, so it's not the 'Lanerne Rouge' who gets these 10 points... It's literally the last rider to cros the line each day, right? So, it should practically be a different rider every day, right?

yup

Rvizzle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can see many an hour of my already limited spare time being lost to this.

Now if only there were stage profiles within the Stages tab.... Appreciate it's a mammoth task but would be immense. Perhaps links to the relevant stage profile on the respective website? i.e. http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/down-under-classic-and-stages-1-6.htm for TDU.

Cheers

Rich

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes the new game design with riders and categories is good, and the format is easy to use for selection and team management.

Like the transfer rollovers as well.

Only thing I don't like is the disparity for stage points and GC. Good to have the Top 20 on the stage going from 35 downwards, but I think you've gone way too far.

You could have altered the GC a little too - maybe starting at 20 points and going down in 2s for the top 10.

It doesn't seem right that the maillot jaune gets the equivalent number of points as the person who came 11th on a stage. By that position they're just rolling across the line.

There's not much reason to have a top GC rider in the team.

Wig_Billy replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:

It doesn't seem right that the maillot jaune gets the equivalent number of points as the person who came 11th on a stage. By that position they're just rolling across the line.

Isn't that just the same as last year? Personally, I think it's a good thing that people who take risks by bringing in contenders for stage wins get rewarded with more points than those who play safe with GC contenders. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

LabMonkey replied to Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:
abudhabiChris wrote:

Isn't that just the same as last year? Personally, I think it's a good thing that people who take risks by bringing in contenders for stage wins get rewarded with more points than those who play safe with GC contenders. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Agree - 100% - it was so boring when everyone was after safe 'GC' type points - the risk was too high to try anything else... the new points system is far better.

Gkam84 replied to LabMonkey | 12 years ago
0 likes
LabMonkey wrote:

Agree - 100% - it was so boring when everyone was after safe 'GC' type points - the risk was too high to try anything else... the new points system is far better.

Not really, its going to be the same as it was last year, i rarely picked the LR and was losing 10 points a day to the guys who constantly keep the LR in, boring as sh*t, should scrap the LR points, just because someone is in last place, thats just the same as getting safe GC points

LabMonkey replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
LabMonkey wrote:

Not really, its going to be the same as it was last year, i rarely picked the LR and was losing 10 points a day to the guys who constantly keep the LR in, boring as sh*t, should scrap the LR points, just because someone is in last place, thats just the same as getting safe GC points

Ah, you don't agree because you were only 'mid table'  4

Us fella's at the top of the tree would pretty much always have the same riders on the same stage of each and every GT - it really all came down to who picked the best team for stage 1 - as everyone else was a day or two behind transferring in the 'safe picks' and so dropped behind on points  16

I think I am going to play differently this year... but then again... I only really played with the season long total in mid last year and LOVED the game from start to finish.

Gkam84 replied to LabMonkey | 12 years ago
0 likes
LabMonkey wrote:

Hardly 99/5113 is not "mid table"  19

To give a long answer, i was in the top 1.9362409544298846 percent

So lets just call it 2%  1

LabMonkey replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
LabMonkey wrote:

Hardly 99/5113 is not "mid table"  19

To give a long answer, i was in the top 1.9362409544298846 percent

So lets just call it 2%  1

HAHA - bait, taken.

(I was 6th - bring on the start of the competition).

Super Domestique | 12 years ago
0 likes

Excellent stuff - can't wait for the game to start now.

portu | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nice job on the game design. It looks sleek and beautiful. I like the look of it.

On another note, does the fact that we now choose 'Star riders' instead of riders in different categories make these categories irrelevant? That is, during the year there will never be limits on how many GC riders or Sprinters I have on my team? So I can have a team with 5 'Star' Sprinters for a particular day at the Tour? Or a team of 5 'Star' climbers or GC guys? Hmmm....

lauren | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm kind of new to this game. Will the rider values stay the same throughout the year? Will star riders stay 'star riders' all year long? For example, what happens if you have a Jelle Vanenedert or a Chris Froome scenario? Where a domestique becomes a 'star'? Do they still stay in the 'Domestique' category for the whole season?

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

The new engine is great.

Loving the new stage points structure,the differentials should stretch out the leader board and stop bunching, a good run in a stage race should put real distance between players and their nearest rivals....great call.

Gkam84 replied to thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

The new engine is great.

Loving the new stage points structure,the differentials should stretch out the leader board and stop bunching, a good run in a stage race should put real distance between players and their nearest rivals....great call.

You know, in all the time i had on some others and since its been fully open, i never even looked at the scoring system......off to have a gander

Also, if you think of anyone else who we were all having banter with last year, give them the league ID number and i'll accept them  39

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Also, if you think of anyone else who we were all having banter with last year, give them the league ID number and i'll accept them  39

According to my mates I'm a sad **** as i'm the only one whop takes part or even cycles ! Any chance i could join your league - pretty please  2

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Like me....but your not gonna like me beating you again this year  1

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

I see that my nationality ideas didn't make it through

you'll be able to search the list by typing the IOC code into the search box. so type AUS and you'll get all the aussies.

doesn't work yet though  1

Raleigh replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm, need more Aussies

Squiggle replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:
Quote:

you'll be able to search the list by typing the IOC code into the search box. so type AUS and you'll get all the aussies.

Greg Henderson's a Kiwi by the way not Aussie!

dave atkinson replied to Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

he's probably not the only one that's wrong either. let me know if you find more  1

JAndrewHill replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:
Squiggle wrote:

he's probably not the only one that's wrong either. let me know if you find more  1

Dare I suggest that Chris Froome is Kenyan ???  39

dave atkinson replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

Now it does. enjoy...

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

@J Andrew Hill

with stage wins being more points I'll be picking him more this year I expect. Bit busy with the nursery at the mo though!

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Love the new game, and my team is picked !!

And I'm sticking to last years policy of mot picking Cav - he'll never make it up that hill to Clare.

Pages

Latest Comments