Welcome and Hello to all the new guys

by Gkam84   January 4, 2012  

So your new to the site today then? Well hello and welcome, come let me be your tour guide Big Grin

If you look up there ^^ you'll see a bar with a few tabs, Home, News....Etc....

On your left << yes over there, you will find some interesting things from the prehistoric to the most upto date news http://road.cc/news and also if you look closely, sitting beside the news are the new species that are being found on a regular basis and reviewed http://road.cc/gear

Please feel free to leave your comments and get involved with these great discoveries.

On your right, you will find some of the old and not so old dinosaurs writing pretty regular blog postings http://road.cc/blog

Further to the right you will notice the "fitness" section, some very helpful tips for those just getting into road cycling, right upto those who've been doing it for a lifetime http://road.cc/cycling-health-and-fitness

Maybe you don't know many cycling events happening in your area because your new to the scene or you hadn't really thought about entering anything before, WELL aren't you lucky, if you click here http://road.cc/content/page/12623-uk-cycling-events you will find no end of Sportive's, Club runs, Events and shows, the list goes on

A final note, which i shall update in a couple of weeks, stick around for the fantasy cycling game, which starts with the tour down under on the 15th January 2012

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi My name is Mostyn! I'm new to the forum; but an old timer as far as cycling goes. Thanks for the welcome and a much needed guided tour of the various sections to look out for.

How about putting in a : New Member Introduce Yourself Section? Or maybe just a continuance of this thread.

Anyhow, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on Road CC a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

M

posted by Mostyn [407 posts]
5th January 2012 - 23:33

2 Likes

Hi Mostyn, an Introduce yourself thread is a good idea.

Most people start their time on here by posting on a news story or by creating their own thread asking for advice and guidance which basically says hello and help.

Just to satisfy my nosiness i'd like to know from new users two things. Big Grin

1, How did you find the site?
i.e. recommended, search engine.....etc
2, What lead you to register?
i.e. Give away's, a news topic you wanted to have a say on, did you want some advice.....etc

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9075 posts]
5th January 2012 - 23:49

1 Like

Gkam84 wrote:

Just to satisfy my nosiness i'd like to know from new users two things. Big Grin

1, How did you find the site?
i.e. recommended, search engine.....etc
2, What lead you to register?
i.e. Give away's, a news topic you wanted to have a say on, did you want some advice.....etc

I came across the site via a mention on the VCDL podcast some time ago, and to be honest, the schwag grab did lead me to register..................been quietly visiting everyday since I heard about the site though. Smile

posted by Securivaj [50 posts]
6th January 2012 - 20:30

1 Like

Gkam84 wrote:
Hi Mostyn, an Introduce yourself thread is a good idea.

Most people start their time on here by posting on a news story or by creating their own thread asking for advice and guidance which basically says hello and help.

Just to satisfy my nosiness i'd like to know from new users two things. Big Grin

1, How did you find the site?
i.e. recommended, search engine.....etc
2, What lead you to register?
i.e. Give away's, a news topic you wanted to have a say on, did you want some advice.....etc

Hi G,

Thanks for welcome!

I seem to sign up to any forum that has discussions about cycling; and cycling related topics,...etc.

I found this web-site from a link posted on another bicycle forum! Love reading what others have to say re, bikes gear and just cycling in general! I've been riding bicycles for close to 60, years, taken an active part in RR TT Triathlon, audax and charity rides over the years. Now almost 64, and just ride for enjoyment; and because the bicycle has got under my skin and become part of my soul. Like this site BTW So pleased to be one of the community!

Regards

M

posted by Mostyn [407 posts]
6th January 2012 - 21:20

1 Like

Just like to add that whatever you contribute can be as rubbish as you like.

You should see some of the stuff I post and no-one seems to mind!

Pete

PeteH's picture

posted by PeteH [159 posts]
6th January 2012 - 22:43

5 Likes

PeteH wrote:
Just like to add that whatever you contribute can be as rubbish as you like.

You should see some of the stuff I post and no-one seems to mind!

This is true, but the opposite is also true for me, i tend to invoke anger and other such reactions sometimes Smile

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9075 posts]
6th January 2012 - 23:36

0 Likes