Home

So your new to the site today then? Well hello and welcome, come let me be your tour guide  4

If you look up there ^^ you'll see a bar with a few tabs, Home, News....Etc....

On your left

Please feel free to leave your comments and get involved with these great discoveries.

On your right, you will find some of the old and not so old dinosaurs writing pretty regular blog postings /blog

Further to the right you will notice the "fitness" section, some very helpful tips for those just getting into road cycling, right upto those who've been doing it for a lifetime /cycling-health-and-fitness

Maybe you don't know many cycling events happening in your area because your new to the scene or you hadn't really thought about entering anything before, WELL aren't you lucky, if you click here /content/page/12623-uk-cycling-events you will find no end of Sportive's, Club runs, Events and shows, the list goes on

A final note, which i shall update in a couple of weeks, stick around for the fantasy cycling game, which starts with the tour down under on the 15th January 2012

6 comments

Avatar
Mostyn [396 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi My name is Mostyn! I'm new to the forum; but an old timer as far as cycling goes. Thanks for the welcome and a much needed guided tour of the various sections to look out for.

How about putting in a : New Member Introduce Yourself Section? Or maybe just a continuance of this thread.

Anyhow, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on Road CC a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

M

Avatar
Gkam84 [9068 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi Mostyn, an Introduce yourself thread is a good idea.

Most people start their time on here by posting on a news story or by creating their own thread asking for advice and guidance which basically says hello and help.

Just to satisfy my nosiness i'd like to know from new users two things.  4

1, How did you find the site?
i.e. recommended, search engine.....etc
2, What lead you to register?
i.e. Give away's, a news topic you wanted to have a say on, did you want some advice.....etc

Avatar
Securivaj [58 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Just to satisfy my nosiness i'd like to know from new users two things.  4

1, How did you find the site?
i.e. recommended, search engine.....etc
2, What lead you to register?
i.e. Give away's, a news topic you wanted to have a say on, did you want some advice.....etc

I came across the site via a mention on the VCDL podcast some time ago, and to be honest, the schwag grab did lead me to register..................been quietly visiting everyday since I heard about the site though.  1

Avatar
Mostyn [396 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Hi Mostyn, an Introduce yourself thread is a good idea.

Most people start their time on here by posting on a news story or by creating their own thread asking for advice and guidance which basically says hello and help.

Just to satisfy my nosiness i'd like to know from new users two things.  4

1, How did you find the site?
i.e. recommended, search engine.....etc
2, What lead you to register?
i.e. Give away's, a news topic you wanted to have a say on, did you want some advice.....etc

Hi G,

Thanks for welcome!

I seem to sign up to any forum that has discussions about cycling; and cycling related topics,...etc.

I found this web-site from a link posted on another bicycle forum! Love reading what others have to say re, bikes gear and just cycling in general! I've been riding bicycles for close to 60, years, taken an active part in RR TT Triathlon, audax and charity rides over the years. Now almost 64, and just ride for enjoyment; and because the bicycle has got under my skin and become part of my soul. Like this site BTW So pleased to be one of the community!

Regards

M

Avatar
PeteH [151 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Just like to add that whatever you contribute can be as rubbish as you like.

You should see some of the stuff I post and no-one seems to mind!

Avatar
Gkam84 [9068 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
PeteH wrote:

Just like to add that whatever you contribute can be as rubbish as you like.

You should see some of the stuff I post and no-one seems to mind!

This is true, but the opposite is also true for me, i tend to invoke anger and other such reactions sometimes  1