Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cyclists Fight Back with Exploding Bike Lock

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Great idea Gkam84 a tazer up the arse that will get the little shit!

Karbon Kev | 11 years ago
0 likes

interesting thread ....

PeteH | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just found one of these

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

If the bike gets nicked you could imagine this may be useful information to pass on to the police. Or a couple of big mates - not that I'd recommend this of course.

andylul | 12 years ago
0 likes

...or quite fun

I said that out loud, didn't I?

SideBurn | 12 years ago
0 likes

In the tazer case this could be quite shocking....

SideBurn | 12 years ago
0 likes

The tazer idea is great Gkam84...the problem with our ideas is that they may malfunction....

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Now thats another idea to consider, build in a fingerprint scanner somewhere on the bars that has to be hit within 10 seconds of the bikes pedals being spun with pressure from the feet, if not it lets off a tazer into your arse  4

Fish_n_Chips | 12 years ago
0 likes

What about a device that electro stuns the tea-leaf?

Maybe it could be bult into the saddle  19

SideBurn | 12 years ago
0 likes

I thought you meant exploding as in blew their hands off...otherwise not interested....or is the paint infected with some killer virus?

Gkam84 replied to SideBurn | 12 years ago
0 likes
SideBurn wrote:

I thought you meant exploding as in blew their hands off...otherwise not interested....or is the paint infected with some killer virus?

My thoughts exactly, Unless its some sort of land mine style which blows the little c**ts arms off for even trying to nick one of my bikes, then i'll leave it, i dont care for coving some kn*b in paint and having a bike i would never want to use again, could never resell either

BUT then if they came up with a way to take the paint off your frame and leave it undamaged, it wouldn't be long until the thieves could do the same

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Point taken. Most car enthusiasts I know wouldn't want a tracking device on their pride and joy, on the basis that once it's been taken and had the bollocks driven off it, why would they want it back? Rather have the insurance money.

Steve_S_T | 12 years ago
0 likes

"A bike that has been stolen will be covered in coloured dye (the dye renders the bike undesirable and therefore unsellable )"

Great idea but it seems a bit rock and a hard place to me as you prevent your bike being stolen (for which you could have claimed if insured) but are left with an awful paint job that even Colnago would reject, something you're stuck with and for which you can't claim a penny. Hmm.

Latest Comments