Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Motorist challenged to cycle for a week [video]

An anti-cyclist Adam is asked to ditch his car and travel to work by bike for a whole week.

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/motorists-v-cyclists/cycling-issues-video

It's amazing how people seem to ignore cyclists; he nearly runs 2 of them over.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

JohnWiggins | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi everyone, need help transporting a 2013 Toyota Rav4 from Montana to Chicago, maybe you know
 a company or friends who could help, thanks

Hirsute replied to JohnWiggins | 3 years ago
2 likes

try petrolheads.com

londonplayer | 12 years ago
1 like

"it really annoys me to see cyclists who don't wear helmets" WTF?! How could that possibly annoy a driver?

Simon_MacMichael replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
1 like
londonplayer wrote:

"it really annoys me to see cyclists who don't wear helmets" WTF?! How could that possibly annoy a driver?

Ignorance that there is no law requiring us to wear one?

IHphoto replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:
londonplayer wrote:

Ignorance that there is no law requiring us to wear one?

or... the driver is annoyed out of concern for the cyclist that they don't in his eyes protect themselves better?

Interesting in this safety video from Spain only a few 'roadies' wear helmets: http://t.co/QYcbdDqR

TheHatter replied to IHphoto | 12 years ago
2 likes
IHphoto wrote:

or... the driver is annoyed out of concern for the cyclist that they don't in his eyes protect themselves better?

Which is strange cos of all the things motorists do that annoy me not wearing a seat belt isn't one of them.

Captain Badger replied to IHphoto | 3 years ago
1 like

If they are annoyed out of concern, why aren't they annoyed at other motorists for dangerous behaviour?

JohnWiggins replied to Simon_MacMichael | 3 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately, not all citizens know the laws and basic safety rules

Hirsute replied to JohnWiggins | 3 years ago
2 likes

This topic is 8 years old !

Captain Badger replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
1 like

LOL, only just spoted that - no wonder I couldn't find the link 

Daveyraveygravey replied to londonplayer | 3 years ago
2 likes

All my family get very ranty about bike helmets, even though I have tried to point out to them ad nauseam that they are little more than egg cartons and if a vehicle hits you at anything over 30 mph they won't do much.

I always wear one, mainly because in the several crashes I have had, I have learned that stopping your head from banging the Tarmac or any other object during a crash is difficult if not impossible.  I'm not claiming my helmet has saved my life, but it has meant not adding bruised or grazed head to the list of other injuries.

Captain Badger replied to Daveyraveygravey | 3 years ago
2 likes

You've pretty much summed up my attitude to lids. I pretty much always wear one, but it's habit now. I'm also vehemently defensive of the individuals right to choose what they wear, and in my opinion it should never be brought up as a mitigating factor for drivers who have hurt someone, or for insurance companies to wriggle out of payouts

Cycloid replied to Captain Badger | 3 years ago
3 likes

I toitally agree with both of the above, I think most proper cyclists know that a helmet won't help much in a head on collision at 30mph.

The problem we have is that Joe Public is not aware of the situation and believes that helmets are universal life savers.

Some motorists think it's OK to knock a cyclist off "because he's wering a helmet"

MPs of course are particularly ignorant, and it's only a matter of time before they are legally required

Latest Comments