Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

EU ban water!

This has got to be an early April fool....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-clai...

Anyone for an over bent banana?  14

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Read this report a few months ago! Though it was a different paper. What people don't realise is that the govt have been trying to get us drinking more water since the war. The 'mineral water' companies have been manipulating this since.

There is already liquid in the food we cook. We also drink tea, coffee, milk etc. I drink water if I'm thirsty. NOT because the authorities recommend x litres per day.

cat1commuter | 12 years ago
0 likes

From that Telegraph article:

Quote:

Rules banning bent bananas and curved cucumbers were scrapped in 2008 after causing international ridicule.

This is a common EU press myth. The rules referred to are standards for defining classes of fruit and vegetables. There is "extra class", "class 1", and "class 2". The idea of these standards are that you can order a box of "class 1" fruit from anywhere in the EU, and know what you will get. Misshapen bananas can't be sold as "class 1", but can be sold as "class 2". If anyone is to blame it is the supermarkets for insisting on "class 1" fruit and veg for most of their lines, or even us, the consumers, for avoiding anything misshapen or blemished. Nobody ever banned bent bananas.

The water thing does sound bonkers, though I'm wary that the story may have a certain bias...

RabAusten | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh please! Don't go spreading this crap around. Please read the actual ruling and not some crass anti EU BS journalism. Alternatively read this considered piece about the reality http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2011/nov/18/1?CMP=tw...

You will find it all makes complete sense.

Latest Comments