A Twisted Spoke?? reputable?

by Gkam84   November 16, 2011  

Just wondering if this is another site that makes up cycling stories or is this a genuine site?

Just seen this in a tweet

http://www.atwistedspoke.com/stapleton-to-steal-venezuelan-sponsor-from-...

Quote:
However, there now appears to be a second bid for the Venezuelan sponsor. HTC-Highroad CEO Bob Stapleton is believed to have flown to Caracas to meet with tourism officials about resurrecting the HTC-Highroad men’s team.

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Anyone?? Nerd

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8127 posts]
16th November 2011 - 22:19

like this
Like (0)

You know when you Google something, beneath the link, there's a little bit of blurb written by the site owner about the site?

Well, Twisted Spoke's says: "A comedic take on pro road racing. The Onion of cycling. Slighly warped and unique views of the most beautiful sport in the world."

So that Stapleton article is to be taken with a rather liberal dose of salt, if not an entire sack of the stuff.

Right, best go, there's a chap at the door wants to sell me a tin of tartan paint... Wink

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [7465 posts]
16th November 2011 - 23:07

like this
Like (0)

Thanks, another one to watch out for then, i thought it was only that cyclismas site i had to watch out for

Your crate of glass hammers, replacement bubbles for spirit levels, lefthanded screwdrivers, sparks for the grinder and buckets of steam are on their way, i ran outta tartan paint after Dave's order Big Grin Liar

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8127 posts]
17th November 2011 - 0:36

like this
Like (0)

I've been a fan of Atwistedspoke for a while, and it's all spurious bollocks. It's very funny.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing..."

Cooks's picture

posted by Cooks [467 posts]
17th November 2011 - 23:58

like this
Like (0)