Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

keo classic non slip cleats

Is it just me or does anyone else have difficulty engaging look keo classic non slip cleats with the pedals

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

1 I've no choice. It's either a 20min cycle or a 2 and a half hour walk for me due to the lack of public transport. So I'll be cycling through the elements like I have done before.  4

radfahrer replied to giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I.m assuming you are 10 or so miles from your work place ,if so 20 minutes to cycle there is very impressive in my book,i,m jealous.

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I carry a pair. Especially as I've two flights of stairs to negotiate at work!!

arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just the thing for the impending icy sunday ride and cafe stop. Does anyone actually carry cleat covers?

shollin replied to arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I carry them. I barely use them but if I do any walking at all I put them on. I bought them after getting fed up of going through so many look keo cleats. You only have to scuff them on rough ground and it can take a chunk off them. I got mine on ebay, only a few quid. They are light and fit into back jersey pocket or saddle bag.

radfahrer replied to arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would not be on my bike in icy conditions,nor should you if you value your health ,broken bone,s could disrupt many a rider,s season,but i,m sure you don,t need me to tell you that  1

arrieredupeleton replied to radfahrer | 12 years ago
0 likes
radfahrer wrote:

I would not be on my bike in icy conditions,nor should you if you value your health ,broken bone,s could disrupt many a rider,s season,but i,m sure you don,t need me to tell you that  1

Riding a treated main road in winter is a little different from negotiating a frost covered cafe forecourt with a tray of teas in hand. I don't see how you can equate one with the other. Winter riding can be immensely fun and rewarding - and can set me up for the season - providing I take sensible precautions of course. My comment is based on experience with Keo Cleats. Maybe I'll look on ebay for those covers though....

shollin | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ouchee, do be careful!

radfahrer replied to shollin | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have found some look keo cleats on the internet without the rubber bits ,not only that but £5 cheaper than the "classics", yippee!!

shollin | 12 years ago
0 likes

So your next post will be "I've not been able to ride for a while because I slipped dismounting and broke my bottom!"  20

0 likes

lol, thats quite possible i,m on first name terms with staff at a&e,i have broken my collar bone twice in the last two years.

shollin | 12 years ago
0 likes

Like any cleats they do take some getting used to. I have found them easy once used to them, unlike the shimano cleats I had when I first started cycling. Came off and split elbow open with those. I agree with Oranj they do wear quite quickly particularly if you do ANY walking in them (cleat covers are good if you do). Overall I have found they engage and disengage easily once familiar with them.

0 likes

problem solved i have cut off the rubber bits,now i can slip in and out of the pedals with the greatest of ease,just have to be careful i don,t slip on dismount lol

Oranj | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yep, they can be less than positive, esp. once the "grip" starts to wear (which, being soft material, is too soon!). If you can find any of the old, non-non-slip cleats, they are IMHO much better in this respect.

Latest Comments