Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Metric Century chat

Want to chat about the Metric Century Challenge? Do it here! And not in the MCC scoring thread. Good luck for 2011-2012!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

141 comments

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
4 likes

Rather than break the rules...

The 2015 MCC thread is now disabled for editing any older posts since you put your new dress on... Might be worth poking that developer of yours again so posts can be updated rather than having to create a new post.

...you're still welcome.

Nat Jas Moe | 8 years ago
1 like

Need to sort out the edit function so I can edit the metric Century challenge. Having just done mine I find it frustrating that its not possible to edit my own file, apparently I'm not authorized to do so. Come on guys the new dress looks good but there are problems unnderneath that should have been sorted by testing before the big move to ensure all the lights worked, then you wouldn't get people moaning all the time, which is what has happened. Tme me thinks to get moving on the fingers to sort out the problems before people stop using the forum.

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
1 like

you should be able to edit your MCC posts now, although some of the styling has gone a bit awry in some. apologies for that.

PhillBrown replied to dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:

you should be able to edit your MCC posts now, although some of the styling has gone a bit awry in some. apologies for that.

Thanks Dave, I guess that the comments would been re-posting so myself and a few others had already removed our old ones and started again!

Thanks for the update.

Judge dreadful | 8 years ago
0 likes

Just December's one to go now, for me. Happy days.smiley

jlippinbike | 8 years ago
0 likes

This year one of my riding buddies organized a Metric Century Challenge a bunch of us local cyclists joined. We started with 11 guys and 2 women. Now we are down to 7 guys and the two women with a little over a month to go. January and February were tough months to do metrics. March wasn't much better. April wasn't too bad. It got easier after April.

Most of the metrics I have done this year have been done solo. I was wondering how many of the participants in the Road CC competition ride solo mostly to do their metrics, and how many do the majority of their metrics with a riding buddy or in some sort of group ride?

0 likes

What is the bike of choice most of the participants in the Road CC competition ride in order to complete their metrics? Most of my metrics this year were done on my Felt cyclocross bike. I like to do rides on the tow paths around my home which is why I like the CX bike the most for my rides. The metrics I did in the first three months of the year were done on a Cannondale mountain bike with highrise handlebars and Scwalbe Super Big Apple tires. I used my Cinelli road bike on some of the rides, and when I did a few metrics in New England (Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts) over the summer I used my upgraded Dahon Speed P8 (folding bike) for them.

0 likes

The metric century challenge I've been participating in all year not only looks at the the number of metric century rides and the length of those rides, but it also looks at other things, too. You get a badge if you complete a metric where the temperature outside was below freezing for the entire ride. You get a badge if there was more than a certain amount of elevation gain during the ride - 1000 meters, 2000 meters, and 3000 meters. You get a badge if the average moving speed was above 19 mph and another badge if above 21 mph. You get a badge if you do two days in a row of metric rides, and for 3 days, and for 4 days, etc. You get a badge if you do an entire metric ride after dark or in the wee hours of the morning before daylight comes. And you get a badge if you do a metric ride 100% offroad on something like a canal towpath, and another badge if you do a double metric 100% offroad.

Have any of you participated in metric century challenges that give out such badges?

Judge dreadful | 8 years ago
0 likes

This year's challenge all done, with today's effort

smiley

jlippinbike replied to Judge dreadful | 8 years ago
0 likes

Judge dreadful wrote:

This year's challenge all done, with today's effort

smiley

Congratulations! Nice job. I just did my last one for the year today.

0 likes

Completed my effort for then year on Monday, had to say it was a stuggle, BUT its done one 100k ride for evey month. Yes I gave myself a pat on the back and thought now for the next twelve and hope my form has improved for January. Well done to everyone else that took up the challenge and completed it.

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
0 likes

All up to date and the first for 2016 is on Sunday... Will there be a 2016 challenge?

mrmo | 8 years ago
1 like

socks?

chrislee99777 | 8 years ago
1 like

nice!

Ride my first 100k today!

Judge dreadful replied to mrmo | 8 years ago
1 like

mrmo wrote:

socks?

Dave has sorted the socks, they are on the way, you'll get a form in your email to claim them.

mrmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

Might of taken a while but they have arrived, thank you . 

0 likes

Yes mine did too. Nice gift to come home to. Cheers you guys yes

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
0 likes

After being a super grump about my birthday tomorrow and finally realising that I'm growing up and need to do something productive with my life... Getting home from the studio today and  finding my socks on the door mat has cheered me up no end!

Sod going to work tomorrow... I'm going for a ride instead!

DrJDog replied to Judge dreadful | 7 years ago
0 likes

Judge dreadful wrote:

mrmo wrote:

socks?

Dave has sorted the socks, they are on the way, you'll get a form in your email to claim them.

I didn't ever get my socks from 2014!  4

Richard1982 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I never got my socks  2

*see page 4*

MariaMartinez | 6 years ago
0 likes

Are you talking about doing it solo or in an event? very different I think!

Pages

Latest Comments