Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Metric Century chat

Want to chat about the Metric Century Challenge? Do it here! And not in the MCC scoring thread. Good luck for 2011-2012!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

141 comments

monkeytrousers | 9 years ago
0 likes

How about a pair of arm warmers or something for a nutjob who does one a week.

Not me I hasten to add.

I get a pair for the suggestion...........don't I Dave.

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Stupid question - how do I claim the socks? I can't find instructions anywhere.

Kellar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just finished! Bit cold out there today!

mrmo | 9 years ago
0 likes

so how do i record a metric tomorrow???

Stratman | 9 years ago
0 likes

2015?

I've just done my first one for the challenge

65.8miles in the wind and dark!

wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes

Welldone Stratman! You're a beacon in our winter darkness.

JediNeo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Kicked off New Years day 2015 with an Imperial Century...helps that I live in NZ so we've got plenty of warmth and daylight  16

Greg L | 9 years ago
0 likes

Until the 2015 thread starts (If the MCC2015 will be running this year?), in the meantime I'm just adding this year's rides to the bottom of my 2014 tally.

Glen C | 9 years ago
0 likes

Completed the Jan Sales Audax yesterday - 200k in heavy rain and cold temperatures (though not freezing, thankfully). Itching to record my first 2 points for 2015!  4

Kellar | 9 years ago
0 likes

How many people completed the challenge in the end? Well done to all those that did, and good luck to everyone starting again now!

Do you have enough socks?  4

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

2015 over for me, half way through my first one. Went over on some ice, may have bust my scaphoid but it doesn't show for ten days. Gives me a chance to get some replacement drive train parts...
Did make the strava climbing challenge by 8m!  16

A squared | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just to add to the general questioning that appears to be going on, having completed the challenge in 2014, how do we get the socks to wear with a certain amount of pride  36

Judge dreadful | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm enjoying racking 'em up so far this year. Hopefuly the weather will start to improve soon. That will make it a much nicer experience.  16

Leviathan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Will the 2015 challenge be pinned?
Miraculously I am still in and managed two metrics in two months. My feet suffer terribly in the wet poor dears. Bring on the spring and completing one in the dry, daylight and under 4 hours and before the last day of the month!

Saint Mark | 9 years ago
0 likes

Did Road.CC give up on the idea of socks for 2014 challenge completers? Or have I missed the memo?

Richard1982 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I dared dream the impossible dream, that one day I would own some Road.cc socks. That people would come from miles around to bask in the glory of my socks. Socks so glorious, I would wear them always, even during sexy time. In fact especially during sexy time!

I battled against the elements, month after month, racking up those dreaded kilometres. Every time telling myself it was for the greater good - that one day those socks would be mine. Every grimace, every face full of rain water, every set of aching legs, brought me closer to the socks.

Finally, it was done, the challenge was complete, the socks were mine! I was so excited about the socks I rushed out and bought a bike in matching colours in anticipation. I cast out my other socks to the bin, obsolete compared to magnificent Road.cc socks.

Alas, it wasn't to be, that warmth in my heart has grown cold. The sweet taste of victory has turned to ashes in my mouth. All I can do now is forlornly gaze at my bike and dream of what might have been. Now the merest mention of socks engulfs me in a fit of rage.

Richard1982 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Seriously though Road.CC, we'd love to hear from you about this - are the socks ever going turn up?

mrmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

I see a thread about claiming freebies, but as the thread appears to be broken I can't actually say if it is relevant....

dastott | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yes, to think I slogged my guts out all year for those, only for my hope to be dashed!

steve_b77 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Managed to drag myself round a double metric yesterday in North Cornwall, well chuffed.

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
4 likes

Rather than break the rules...

The 2015 MCC thread is now disabled for editing any older posts since you put your new dress on... Might be worth poking that developer of yours again so posts can be updated rather than having to create a new post.

...you're still welcome.

Nat Jas Moe | 8 years ago
1 like

Need to sort out the edit function so I can edit the metric Century challenge. Having just done mine I find it frustrating that its not possible to edit my own file, apparently I'm not authorized to do so. Come on guys the new dress looks good but there are problems unnderneath that should have been sorted by testing before the big move to ensure all the lights worked, then you wouldn't get people moaning all the time, which is what has happened. Tme me thinks to get moving on the fingers to sort out the problems before people stop using the forum.

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
1 like

you should be able to edit your MCC posts now, although some of the styling has gone a bit awry in some. apologies for that.

dave atkinson replied to | 10 years ago
0 likes
Blackhound wrote:

My best November ever, already had six counting rides. Ah well.

It's all good base work for that january push  4

pixelmix replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Metric Century 2014 will be starting on 1 Jan 2014 and running for the calendar year.

Sounds sensible. The only question now is do I have December off? Nah. It's nice having gotten into the habit of doing a monthly 100k.

dave atkinson replied to jayme | 10 years ago
0 likes
jayme wrote:

I seem to have lost the ability to edit my post on the Metric century age any one else with this problem?

missed this - you still having this problem?

mrmo replied to Kellar | 9 years ago
0 likes
Kellar wrote:

How many people completed the challenge in the end? Well done to all those that did, and good luck to everyone starting again now!

Do you have enough socks?  4

Was wondering about the socks, just hoping i can clear this Bronchitis and get some rides in and do it again this year!!!!!!

monkeytrousers replied to A squared | 9 years ago
0 likes
A squared wrote:

Just to add to the general questioning that appears to be going on, having completed the challenge in 2014, how do we get the socks to wear with a certain amount of pride  36

39  45

DrJDog replied to Richard1982 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Richard1982 wrote:

I dared dream the impossible dream, that one day I would own some Road.cc socks. That people would come from miles around to bask in the glory of my socks. Socks so glorious, I would wear them always, even during sexy time. In fact especially during sexy time!

I battled against the elements, month after month, racking up those dreaded kilometres. Every time telling myself it was for the greater good - that one day those socks would be mine. Every grimace, every face full of rain water, every set of aching legs, brought me closer to the socks.

Finally, it was done, the challenge was complete, the socks were mine! I was so excited about the socks I rushed out and bought a bike in matching colours in anticipation. I cast out my other socks to the bin, obsolete compared to magnificent Road.cc socks.

Alas, it wasn't to be, that warmth in my heart has grown cold. The sweet taste of victory has turned to ashes in my mouth. All I can do now is forlornly gaze at my bike and dream of what might have been. Now the merest mention of socks engulfs me in a fit of rage.

Ditto!

PhillBrown replied to dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:

you should be able to edit your MCC posts now, although some of the styling has gone a bit awry in some. apologies for that.

Thanks Dave, I guess that the comments would been re-posting so myself and a few others had already removed our old ones and started again!

Thanks for the update.

Pages

Latest Comments