Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gilet suggestions

Hi, on my ride today I was too warm in a base layer and a windproof jacket, but I lack sufficient thin pieces to layer effectively. Can anyone suggest a windproof gilet that has a shower-resistant back (as opposed to a mesh back-panel)? Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm- I'd like to say I'm going straight for the rapha, but in truth the sportful sounds a bit closer to the price I was thinking of! Thanks for the suggestions, I've found the sportful for £40.

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dare one suggest the Rapha softshell.

If it is as good as their softshell jacket (and according to the review on this site it is) then it will be the best gilet you can ever own.

One of my few cycling-related regrets about living in Abu Dhabi is that I hardly ever get to wear my Rapha softshell.

I sometimes stroke it though...  8

davenice | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hey,

I've got a Sportful Hot Pack gilet - http://sportful.it/pe11/cycling/hot_pack.php?id=0110778 (they call it a vest).

It is shower-resistant material all over. It has resisted a couple of showers for me, too!

It's very lightweight - folds up the size of a tennis ball. Only downside is that because it's so lightweight, the material feels a bit flimsy. Seems to be holding up OK so far, though.

Dave

Latest Comments