Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Any Cross Riders?

Evening all... I've just got into this cross riding malarky (admitably summer riding isn't "real" cross) and I've been asked to write an article about it for an extreme sports mag... so any riders (pro or otherwise) got any comments about cross I could quote? Likewise, any body with some good race pictures who'd like to see their pictures accompany the article please get in touch.

This isn't a paid thing (its a web based uk mag) and all quotes/ pictures will be suitably credited, To be honest, In used to do music/ gig reviews and did quite wel off it but lost interest in the scene, so now trying to break into cycling journalism...

Cheers all!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Looks very convincing too.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

here's one of tony pretending to race...  1

Shaun Audane | 14 years ago
0 likes

Oops,not as inclusive as I first thought. Here's a more Junior rider!

Shaun Audane | 14 years ago
0 likes

Here's a few shots I took from a meet in North Essex back in November...Hopefully shows a competitive but inclusive side to the sport in terms of age, gender and choice of mount.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

i've only ever done one 'cross race. it was on a school playing field somewhere in oxford i think. the field was on a slope so they'd levelled off bits of it to make pitches and in between each pitch there was a 45° bank. so the race just looped round through some woods at the top, cut round to the bottom of the field and then meandered up and down the banks about five times. it was like purgatory, lugging your bike up a stupid bank, riding it for about five yards and then binning it back down again. this race is where i was first introduced to the concept of 'lurking' where you let the leading guys pass you so you don't have to do another lap... the wooded section near the end was full of lurkers  1

Latest Comments