Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

road.cc Facebook page

Just wondering why there is often so little discussion on road.cc's facebook page. If a Schwag grab is announced, there are lots of "likes" but otherwise there seems to be very little debate there and interaction.

I think that's a pity because there could be some really good banter there!

any thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well we are putting more of an effort in on Facebook, partly because the latest change to Facebook has made the newsfeed less effective at sending us traffic - I'm guessing because maybe it is automatically hidden on a lot of people's walls because some of their page settings will have reverted to default mode.

We do always try and respond to comments on their as well - it's tricky though to get the balance right… although not as tricky as trying to type this on a laptop with a keyboard that has suddenly gone to wonky

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can see where your coming from londonplayer

But i can also see the opposite happening, If people tend to reply on facebook, they will come here, read the story and then go back to facebook and reply, instead of keeping this place yapping  26

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yup, ceratinly not complaining. I'm happy to comment on both and enjoy doing so. If road.cc's Facebook page was more active though, I can't help feeling that more traffic would be diverted to your website also.

Not a big one, just an observation.

nick_rearden | 12 years ago
0 likes

I guess a lot of people - well 3,641 people - use Facebook as a newsfeed of road cycling news to their own wall and know that if they click through to the stories on the road.cc site they'll be commenting here among friends where the tone is nice and friendly. Which is not to say that discussions don't take place on Facebook but our observation is that once inducted into the family they tend to come on here, comment and indeed banter. Which is presumably what bought you here londonplayer?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have facebook, but rarely comment on others posts, use it for a couple of games and to keep in touch with friends and family in far flung countries  4

PeteH | 12 years ago
0 likes

agree with you pjay. Never used facebook.

My daughter uses it to keep in touch with the friends she already sees for 8 hours per day at school, seems pointless to me. Especially since I have no friends.

pjay | 12 years ago
0 likes

Maybe cyclists don't like Facebook?. I have never used it myself and have no desire to do so.

Latest Comments