Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Lidl cycling kit

Just a short note to say if anybody is interested, the legendary Lidl has restocked with cycling kit (if my local branch in Bermondsey is representative). Base layers are a tenner. They look ok. Also, cycling jerseys, saddle bags, kids' helmets and women's kit is available.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

leonrushworth | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well not just Aldi , I got a Henry Lloyd wicking top for £8 at cheshire oaks ideal for winter, a Helly Hansen Warm for just £30 at my dive centre normally £45 another HH dry from Sports Direct for £12. Most of the kit is transferable for different sports so it pays to browse around. Also diving gloves made from Neoprene are cheaper than cycling branded ones and 5mm thick toasty warm. I have got some aldi tops but picked up some great bargains in walking and sports shops..

Chay | 12 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't use any of the contact point items- shoes, shorts. But the base layers are excellent for the cash also the wind proof gilet for 6 quid can't be beaten.

Municipal Waste | 12 years ago
0 likes

At the shop I work for we have had experiences previously whereby 'customers' had baulked at £70 for an entry pair of cycling shoes and travelled to Aldi or Lidl or wherever to purchase an 'equivelant' for £30 only to return to us 3 months later to complain that they had fallen apart.

How long does a pair of Shimanos usually last? Years!

It's the same with absolutly anything in life. You will get what you pay for with cycling garments and the law of diminishing returns will apply.

arrieredupeleton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not tried any Lidl stuff but in the Battle of the Budget Bike Bargain Bins, Aldi historically has offered better quality gear. Their winter jackets, socks and gloves are bargain-tastic. Would be interested to hear about Lidl's offerings.

Latest Comments