Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ricardo Neis - has he been sentenced?

Does anyone know what happened to him? The incident happened in Feb and seems to have been dropped by the media.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

IanMiller | 11 years ago
0 likes

There seems to have been some progress on the case although it hasn't as yet come to any conclusion, and the only articles I have found are in Portuguese.

I don't understand Portuguese but according to my interpretation of machine translations, an
article last February reported very little progress, but a more recent
article in June seems to be saying he has been committed for trial.

Is there anyone who does understand Portuguese who might be able to provide a better insight?

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well, except in his case he'd got previous for driving his car the wrong way down a busy street, driving on the pavement, possession of an illegal firearm, with I think the suggestion that he'd threatened his ex-wife with it.

From what I read the suggestion wasn't that he was mentally ill it was that he was/is a psychopath - history teaches that many such people are quite capable of holding down a job… my daily ride to work suggests that more than a few are also quite capable of driving a car, bus, or lorry.

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

The guy is not mentally ill. Mentally ill people cannot hold down a job, drive a car, form objectives throughout the day, plan for the future etc. We all know what happened. He lost his temper and just decided it would be ok to drive through a crowd of cyclists.

Tony Farrelly | 12 years ago
0 likes

Good point chorltonjon, we keep a regular lookout but so far nothing. Last report we had was they he had been moved to a secure psychiatric institution while the investigation continued. It may well be that the wheels of Brazilian are still turning - I'd be surprised if they are not, certainly given the profile the case had I doubt that it could have been dropped without the media getting wind of it.

Well, you'd hope that would be the case

Latest Comments