Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

sidi road shoes

on various online shops they mention that when buying Sidi cycling shoes that you buy a size up from your norm. due to Italian sizing..does anyone know if this is wise.. only asking seeing as i fancy getting a pair, but will have to resort to ebay, as the new ones are a bit outa my price league at the moment. thanks, in a advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

radar | 14 years ago
0 likes

Look on sidicafe as there is a very useful brand comparison chart.

Blackhound | 14 years ago
0 likes

Bought soem Sidi's in my usual size in a sale from here:

http://www.sidicafe.com/

and they fitted fine.

TwiggyHo | 14 years ago
0 likes

Not sidi's, My boyfriend wants a pair (they do look very nice) but how much!? I am going to put my foot down on this one Im afraid.

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

thanks for the help, will just save up and get some new 'uns rather than chance my arm on ebay..

McFaul | 14 years ago
0 likes

Sidi's are like slippers. Tight in width when you first buy but they stretch in no time and last forever. Mine are a size up. I wouldn't wear anything else now on and off road.

roadiesean | 14 years ago
0 likes

I love them, the best thing about them is that everything is replaceable, I have had my current pair for 7 years and in that time I've had 3 sets of the heel blocks, whereas the Nike Lance shoes I had before lasted one season before I wore through the carbon fibre heel and rendered the shoes useless.

Size is tricky, I am a 43 shoesize normally, but I take a 46 !!! in Sidis, although a 45Mega is probably the best fit. They took a while to stretch to fit my width, but in the end they are like slippers. Love them. Try some in a shop if you can but if you find the size fits and they are comfy, there is nothing better.

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

yeah, finding a stockist round these parts is the problem..its all shimano, shimano shimano..

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Well, I'm definitely from the 'try before you buy' school of thought when it comes to shoes - partly cos I've suffered testing shoes I didn't try first.

Also it's particularly important if you haven't worn Sidi shoes in the past - length is one thing but there is also width to consider, plus the shape of the footbed etc etc

Latest Comments