Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Britains Got Talent

Sorry to lower the tone of this part of the site but everybody seems to be talking about it. Any thoughts on who has been best so far? For me its either the first dance group (diversity i think) or that young lad from last night.

Problem for them is that they arent strange cat ladies who havnt got normal social skills

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

I think that was the late Bruce Bursford - a talented cyclist, but he did set that record on a static trainer with no resistance. You can read about him here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/638297.stm

TwiggyHo | 14 years ago
0 likes

I think the best people won...it might be a daft show but there is no doubting their talent.

As an aside, does anyone remember record breakers? I remember one episode where a guy was trying to break the world record for bike speed on a static trainer, he was using a HUGE front chainring, got the rear wheel turning so fast that the chain melted onto the tiny rear cog at which point they called off the attempt. That is talent!

purplecup | 14 years ago
0 likes

i preferred that other bunch of dancers. and no, i'm not talking about stavros flatley  1

i've never played WADWTOOIT but i'll make sure i do next time they're on... when's i'm a celebrity?

James Warrener | 14 years ago
0 likes

they are probably thinking about their ill gotten gains from phone voting  4

Oli Pendrey | 14 years ago
0 likes

So what's everyone's opinions on the final of 'Britain's Got Mentals'? I reckon the best act probably won in the end...

I enjoyed a good week of playing the 'Watch Ant/Dec while the other one is talking' game. It's brilliant they just don't know what to do with themselves whilst the other one is talking, that was probably the highlight for me!

0 likes

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

of course. i love to hate it. i correctly called the fact that last night 1) the last act wouldn't go through and 2) the vote out wouldn't be a split decision, so as to make it look a bit less staged. normal service will be resumed tonight though  1

0 likes

39 So you watched it then Dave?

0 likes

the human saxophone  4  4  4

you missed stavros flatley then? shame. and that execrable girl rock band. and lots of other rubbish, plus a couple of folks that can sing and a guy who's okay on the sax although he's no courtney pine. whoop-te-doo.

0 likes

I only saw the human saxophone. Suffice to say I have never watched it again.

purplecup | 14 years ago
0 likes

slightly off topic and a few years old but this is worth a read on the general subject of talent shows...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2006/oct/21/tvandradio.theguide1

PzychotropicMac | 14 years ago
0 likes

Its just a money making thing, a popular one though. "if you want them to win, you need to vote"...yeah cos we care, really we do.

dave6779 | 14 years ago
0 likes

very funny fringe!

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

is this thing on sat. night?.. ive never seen it, (im on the bike sat night if i get half a chance!, in fact i would advocate avoiding all telly, its the devils work.)

Hammy | 14 years ago
0 likes

She has got a good voice though…

Not that I've seen much of the rest of it, did catch those dancers who were very good too

0 likes

seriously, do NOT get me started on 'you the viewer choose' type format programs. these days i'm almost insulted that they still expect me to participate when it's so obvious that they're running their own agenda.

Take for example Susan Boyle. ITV bigged her up but now they've realised they don't really want her to win. so what to do? after last night's semi final ITV were trailing the 'backlash against susan boyle' all the way through the news at ten. once they finally got to the story, what was it? a tweet by lily allen. a single tweet. I'm aware that she hit a bum note at the start of her performance too. I'm aware of that because it's the only part of her performance i've seen, and i've seen it about 15 times. what's this telling me? honestly, the whole thing is so contrived it's insulting. start the phone voting when the last act is still on stage: who's going to go through? the last act. then pick the other two and do a shall-we-shan't we casting vote. funny how it's always a split decision.

I've got a mate who was in the bath male voice choir for last choir standing. you want to hear him talk about whether it's a level playing field  1

Latest Comments