Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Big thank you

Well i ended up with 69 points and 13th for the final stage.

Really happy considering i missed the first 5 stages in the comp and the first week of the Vuelta.

Final results were 206th in the comp and 6th in my region.

Big thanks to all who set up the competition and to everyone who contributed to the forum - great fun  4  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

30 comments

lucas | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's a nice bike, scorekeeper! Wow! What agreat prize!  1

About the game:
Didi I understand right from the Prizes page? This is only the second year the game is run? Pretty amazing! Nice! I liked it a lot!

Not to be ungrateful, but shouldn't the biggest prize be reserved for the epsron that wins the Overall Season? Or is it not done because so many drift in and out during the year?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

To be honest i'm glad its gone to someone who is going to use it and not just flog in on ebay  19

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

@Scorekeeper... how depressing to find out that you actually ride and race and don't just sit behind your PC calculating formulas to predict stage winners!

Well deserved, enjoy the new steed!  16

zombie paul | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cracking competition. Hats off to all at Road.cc towers.

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Many, many thanks. A brilliant competition. Just sorry I found it so late. Can't wait for it to start all over again.

Loosehorse | 12 years ago
0 likes

Very interesting layout of the game - superb - and congratulations to GB on a terrific World's accounting.

80_chains:
Top 10 _'rest of the World' / #203 overall - sweet.

I like the format and the transfer options, return in 2012 emminent, if'n ya'll will have me.
enjoying Autumn in Colorado, USA.
Safe riding to ya!!  3

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - you were pushing it a bit when you told us you'd taken out Wiggo and Froome for complete randoms during the Vuelta!

TERatcliffe26 replied to stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes
stewieatb wrote:

Gkam - you were pushing it a bit when you told us you'd taken out Wiggo and Froome for complete randoms during the Vuelta!

come on Cyril Dessel and Doi (of skil) are not complete randoms in the fact that they were racing in the vuelta (im pretty sure Doi did something on one of the days)....i went along with Gkam's joke by saying i would follow suit, but it was harmless banter from where i was sat, surely most on the forum should know that?

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

And yes, @Gkam84, you were a real shady operator all through... misguided me too a bit during the classics. Thankfully, I'd learnt enough - both about the game and you - to do better in Giro & Tour  4

Gkam84 replied to rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

And yes, @Gkam84, you were a real shady operator all through... misguided me too a bit during the classics. Thankfully, I'd learnt enough - both about the game and you - to do better in Giro & Tour  4

Really? I wasn't even aware i was at it in the classics

I only really started once the TdF was over and then posted wrong transfers and misinformation about my team choices to see if i had any sheep  19

On another point, I don't know how busy the forum was before the game began this year, as thats when i joined, but a hope a few will stay around "off season" and keep active on here? I know i'll be staying around  26

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

On another point, I don't know how busy the forum was before the game began this year, as thats when i joined, but a hope a few will stay around "off season" and keep active on here? I know i'll be staying around :B[/quote]

Will be logging on every day to see the big movers and shakers in the transfer window and dont forget there is still a load of races left to comment on even though the fantasy season is over.  4

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Big thanks for the game to Dave, Tony & team. Been a great learning experience, specially the spring classics which, bar MSR & Roubaix, I hadn't even heard of till about an year back.

Didn't get to play the game post Tour much but looking eagerly to the next season now  1

P.S.: Any product roadmap about the changes we might see in the game next year?  3

dave atkinson replied to rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes
rbx wrote:

P.S.: Any product roadmap about the changes we might see in the game next year?  3

you can add your two ha'porth here:

http://road.cc/content/forum/43101-suggestions-2012-season

if you haven't already...

ironwimp | 12 years ago
0 likes

Big BIG thanks for a fantastic game - team-stannett (ironwimp & iron kate) really enjoyed it.
There is now a bit of a hole in the daily ritual.  20  7

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

ME???  7 Hmmmm, just think of the fun i can have with newbie's next year with this post count  39  19

But roll on January

fluffchucker replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

@Gkham84
Good job you're off to a flatter country then  4

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeh cheers great game good year

64th overall....and you didnt manage to beat me now did you Gkam?

Also yeh there are some buggars with there misguidance, mainly you Gkam  19

fluffchucker replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Also yeh there are some buggars with there misguidance, mainly you Gkam  19

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy  23

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for a gret year - hopr to do even better next time around. . . . but have you seen the fantasy footie table?

petiagos | 12 years ago
0 likes

106 overall ... and just start at Giro... missed 7 stages ... not bad!!!
Great fantasy game ....
See you next year ....  16

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would hold you to the challenge, but i may be moving to a flatter country soon, might keep my region the same if that works ok on the forums  19

fluffchucker wrote:

my thanks for the misguidance  13 from some forum members ;). I've learnt so much from them & now know who to watch out for  8

I know, some of the people on here are real buggers, just because the have a decent amount of posts, some people trust them quite alot and are swayed by what they say, caught me out a few times this season  3  26  44

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yup cheers everyone it's been swell!

I started midway through the Giro but became addicted and fought my way to a top 400 place overall. Won the Tour and Vuelta for my region, and jumped 2 places in the final weeks to finish 4th in my regional world tour. Looking forward to laying the smackdown in 2012, ready Gkam?

I work offshore and the game has got me through some long boring shifts so thankyou team road.cc!  3

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank all involved for running this forum & competition  41

Today's points 58, so not too bad.
1400 points overall from 24 stages

As a relatively new member to the game, my thanks for the misguidance  13 from some forum members ;). I've learnt so much from them & now know who to watch out for  8

Once again, thanks to all  36

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 100 was my aim when i started, then as i got to know players, there were 2 i wanted to beat, Dave and fatcyclist, which i managed and also got joined 98th  4

2nd in my region aswell and 15th out of 618 in the Evans league  4  19

thefatcyclist replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Top 100 was my aim when i started, then as i got to know players, there were 2 i wanted to beat, Dave and fatcyclist, which i managed and also got joined 98th  4

2nd in my region aswell and 15th out of 618 in the Evans league  4  19

Yep well done, not much in it though. Been good banter. 105th for me, won the regional.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had a reasonable season, and considering I was a purist for the Tour (I was living on a campsite, don't ask) and I had almost no knowledge of pro cycling when I started, I'm happy with my final position of 595th.

Thank you so much Dave and the rest of the team for running such a cracking game. By the way, will Cav be even more expensive next year?  3

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes well said Stumps, excellent season competition. Considering I didn't start till stage 45(Stage 2 of the Tour de France)
I scored 3271 points, which left me 982 out of 5114 in the world tour season. 60th of 422 for the South West region.

Plus 1st for the South West in the Vuelta a España!!!  16

So overall i'm fairly stoked for half a go on my first time.  4

Just think if id scored roughly the same points for the other half of the season i'd have come in the top 20!!

Roll on next season.

Many thanks Roadcc  41  6

prinzi | 12 years ago
0 likes

yes i would also like to thank you all at roadcc and fellow participants from the whole world for making my first experience of global racing a joy.
diolch yn fawr a welai chi blwyddyn nesaf

scorekeeper replied to prinzi | 12 years ago
0 likes

I too would like to say a big thank you as I just received the Trek Madone 5.2 from winning the Fantasy Tour. It took a little longer than I would have liked but the bike was well worth the wait. Trek USA didn't have my size/color in the 2011 version so I guess I will just have to settle for the 2012 model in all black. I love the color scheme plus it has an all carbon steerer. The seat tube says OCLV 500 Series Carbon but that is just what Trek has renamed their TCT carbon series. I rode it to work this morning. It is by far the lightest bike that I have ever ridden. Easy to get up to speed and then stay there. I have a sprint duathlon later this month and then I have to get out on few long rides before the season ends. Thanks road.cc!

lisi replied to scorekeeper | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nice, scorekeeper! So you got the bike from Trek USA? Out of curiousity, did you have to pay any shipping on it?

Back to the subject, this was a great competition. My first time in it, but pretty cool! Thanks from me, too!

Latest Comments