Your first sportive

by Gkam84   September 22, 2011  

Just thought i'd post this, i thought this might be useful to alot of memebers on here that may never have done and might be thinking about doing a sportive next year

http://roadcyclinguk.com/riding/training/

RCUK have broken it down into parts and are releasing them over time, seems like a very good guide so far Big Grin

8 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Perfect timing.. right on the eve of my first 'proper' sportive. Unfortunately, they haven't touched much on 'the week before' and 'during' part of the sportive.

~rbx

rbx's picture

posted by rbx [243 posts]
22nd September 2011 - 23:16

like this
Like (0)

They haven't got to that yet, part 10 out today

But its good to get out there and try it aswell, if you enjoy it tomorrow then you could go back and look at everything you did or didn't do and compare it with their guide

Have a good one tomorrow Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8668 posts]
22nd September 2011 - 23:56

like this
Like (0)
Tony Farrelly's picture

posted by Tony Farrelly [4132 posts]
23rd September 2011 - 0:22

like this
Like (0)

Thats also a good write up aswell Tony, i didn't know about it at all

The reason i put the other one up, is because its broken right down to basic facts and information and i think its pretty easy to follow, i hope you don't mind that its from another site?

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8668 posts]
23rd September 2011 - 3:03

like this
Like (0)

Gkam84 wrote:
i hope you don't mind that its from another site?

we're all one big happy cycling family, right?

Big Grin

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7252 posts]
23rd September 2011 - 9:56

like this
Like (0)

No, not a problem at all GKam84 - just so long as you get over there and do some linking back to us Wink Useful links are useful links doesn't really matter where they come from.

Anyway it reminded me of David's piece which we should do more to tell people about ourselves

Tony Farrelly's picture

posted by Tony Farrelly [4132 posts]
23rd September 2011 - 10:06

like this
Like (0)

Gkam84 wrote:

Have a good one tomorrow Wink

Thanks bud. Had a good one. Now suffering from the after effects. Any posts on recovery from long rides for newbie riders like me?

~rbx

rbx's picture

26th September 2011 - 13:42

like this
Like (0)

Thanks for the link Tony. Though, more than about preparing for sportives, I found it to be a good guide list of sportives I could target for next year Smile

~rbx

rbx's picture

26th September 2011 - 13:43

like this
Like (0)