FS: Cole C58 Lite Wheelset (new and boxed) - RRP £1099 , open to offers!

by hazelc3   September 13, 2011  

Cole C58 Lite Shimano/SRAM Compatible Clincher Wheelset - these are unused and still in original packaging.

I won these in a competition but, due to a change in circumstances, I will no longer be able to build the road bike I was planning. The retail price at present is £1099, I am looking for around £700 but I am open to offers.

After the description there is a review from BikeRadar about these wheels.

The following description is from the Evans Cycles site, which is the only place in the UK that these wheels can be bought:

The Cole C50 Lite Shimano Compatible Clincher Wheel Set features the same technology and rim depth as the T50, Cole's C50 gives the convenience of using Clincher tyres. A reinforced sidewall braking area gives secure, even braking.

Evans Cycles are excited to announce the arrival of Cole Wheels to UK shores, with their comprehensive range of road, TT/Tri, MTB and CX hand built wheels available exclusively from our nationwide network of 43 stores and online/mail-order facilities from early June. The inventive, small-sized US wheel company was established as recently as 2004 and has adopted a unique and distinctly innovative approach to the design and construction of its hubs and rims, centring largely around their patent-pending, and hugely inventive DSA system (Dynamic Spoke Alignment). Cole realised that a high tension wheel was a sure-fire way of providing a wheelset that was not only lightweight but also strong and durable. Aware of the limitations of the traditional J-bend spoke and hub/rim interface Cole set to work on engineering something completely different - the result is the patented DSA lacing system, resulting in vastly improved wheel stiffness, strength and durability, spoke life and all without the burden of a hefty weight penalty.

Rim:Cole Carbon High-Compression,
Clincher Type (58mm profile)
Hub:Cole Lite DSA Patented design, Cold Forged Alloy Body, Hard-Anodized Alloy Free Hub
Spokes:Double Butted, Bladed Aero Type 2.0/2.5/2.0mm
Weight:1750g

BikeRadar Review

4 out of stars awarded

At first these wheels felt average, but after we’d added half a turn of spoke tension to the rear drive-side spokes (and then re-dished the non-drive-side tension) they transformed. Climbing and sprinting performance improved considerably, the rear wheel felt punchy and solid without being overly hard or stiff, and braking, handling and stability in side winds was good. These are new, so we’ll be upping the mileage to ensure they’re as reliable as they seem. But so far they strike us as a fine pair for the money.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/best-aero-wheelsets-and-disc-wheel...

AttachmentSize
wheel.jpg24.03 KB