F.S - Ridley Excalibur

by woodlandsquirrel   May 20, 2009  

Hi I have for sale my Ridley Excalibur Superb Carbon Beauty.

I have had the bike a couple of years now but have never really used it. I am an XC rider and for a short while i fancied trying road riding to get some distance fitness and perhaps to get to do some racing as well. None of this materialised and the majority of use actually came from using the rollers and Turbo on a occasions. I have now realised that I could do with the money to put into my XC bike rather than just holding on to this....

The Spec is as follows:-

Frame - Ridley Excalibur - Full Carbon - I believe its Size Medium (see bottom for size chart from ridley)

Fork - 4ZA Carbon Fork - Full carbon specific to the excalibur

Wheels - Mavic Ksyrium ES Wheelset

Groupset - Complete Shimano Dura Ace 20spd Inc Brakes

Bars - FSA K-Wing Carbon

Stem - FSA K-Force Carbon

Seatpost - FSA SLK Carbon

Saddle - Specialized Alias

Pedals - Time Carbon

Tyres - Continental GP 4000

Extras - Bottle Cage - Bontrager Carbon

The bike is in amazingly good conidtion (as i say has been hardly used)There are marks to the Stem which Have been there since new as when it was being built a minor accident in the workshop meant a few tools managed to get dropped onto the stem (& stem only) This does not affect the Strength or usability of the stem. There is wear to the seatpost as it has been moved up and down a little so my girlfriend could ride it. Also wear to the saddle as the saddle came of a ridley cross bike i had before this.

Sizing Chart

Size Min.legsize / Max. legsize / Bodylength (Approx.)

M 84.5 cm / 89.2 cm / 176.9 cm

For Geometry see the following.

http://www.ridley-bikes.com/geometry.php

For Pictures.

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/465126/

Price is £1750 But I welcome offers. Brand new this cost me just over £4k to build with the frame and forks retailing at £1450 at the time....This needs to sell so all offers will be considered..

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Price now at £1500 no offers...take it or leave it...would rather keep it as a laundry rack than sell it for less especially as bikes are set to rise in price by 20% next year...

posted by woodlandsquirrel [3 posts]
6th July 2009 - 10:09

like this
Like (0)

Hi there,

Did you ever sell your Ridley?

i've just found this page and your ad, and i'd be keen to check it out if still available. I see you're in Fleet. I am based between London and Guildford so could easily meet up to have a look/testride etc.

thanks

Paddy

williamsph@dulwich.org.uk

posted by Paddy Williams [1 posts]
12th September 2010 - 21:24

like this
Like (0)