Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 18 La Vuelta

Well they've not started yet, another 20 mins or so, but thought i'd start because i go get cleaned up from this morning ride

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

Not happy with Eurosport this Vuelta and not been using ITV, but if the race hammers on like its been doing the last few days, before it goes live they might already be up the Cat 1 today  14 Its only 53km from the finish, but its only a 174km stage, yesterday they caught it live with about 70km to go, but that was a 211km stage

I think its about time UCI/ASO whoever is in charge of the live feeds to the TV channels all over the world started an online live channel, no commentary needed, just give us a live feed we can watch for important bits before our home nation decides to start showing it on tv and for the likes of the 2 last sundays, it would be good  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

netclectic | 12 years ago
0 likes

105 for me, some how managed 2nd overall for the stage  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

If Montaguti goes, Moncoutie will go with, so i think he's knackered now, If Anton is on form, he'll be away aswell

Mollema and Rabo wont be letting ANY breaks get away until after 20km cause thats where the first sprint is

Montaguti's only chance is stage 20 because there are 2 x cat 1, a cat 2 and cat 3

Tomorrow he might aswell just mark Moncoutie as even if he was to win all the climbs, thats only 16 points, leaving him only 9 points behind

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

What does everyone think for tomorrow, can Montaguti get away in another break or has he burned his bridges today, or will Moncoutie just mark him out?

Bound to be interesting and likely another big break will get away but I can see some possible GC action too.

Sprinting_Jarwhal | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think thats it this stage has put me now 60 points down on first place in the South West and i think my chances have been dashed (58 points to the fourth in stage  14 ). Damn held it all for the second week need to reconsider the team  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo aint going anywhere now, He's working for Froome

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

49 for me.
Tell me is the last stage non cambativ in this GT. Its tomorrow for Wiggo or nothin I feel. What everybody else think?

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

86 for me i believe, think i will change my two allrounders in nieve and martin for 2morrow

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

91 I think. Good day to have Montaguti, and leave the rest as GC/Points/KM contenders. Did anyone have Sijmens by the way?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

88 today, not bad considering the amount in the break  37

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 10 GC

1 J.J. Cobo (GEO) 74:04:05
2 Froome (SKY) +13
3 Wiggins (SKY) +1:41
4 Mollema (RAB) +2:05
5 Menchov (GEO) +3:48
6 Monfort (LEO) +4:13
7 Nibali (LIQ) +4:31
8 Van den Broeck (OLO) +4:45
9 D. Moreno (KAT) +5:20
10 Nieve (EUS) +5:33

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 20 Stage

1 F. Gavazzi (LAM) 4:24:42
2 K. Van de Walle (QST) +0
3 Geniez (SKS) +10
4 Sijmens (COF) +10
5 Montaguti (ALM) +10 ✔
6 Gustov (SBS) +10
7 Oroz (EUS) +10
8 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) +10
9 R. Kišerlovski (AST) +10
10 De Greef (OLO) +15
11 Paulinho (RSH) +1:08
12 Kohler (BMC) +4:03
13 Jufré (AST) +4:03
14 D. Malacarne (QST) +4:03
15 Geschke (SKS) +7:42
16 Wiggins (SKY) +7:42 ✔
17 D. Moreno (KAT) +7:42 ✔
18 J.J. Cobo (GEO) +7:42 ✔
19 Mondory (ALM) +7:42
20 Monfort (LEO) +7:42 ✔

Not so bad, picked up some points for the pack coming in

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just wish i'd done what my heart told me last night, Fuglsang out and Kiserlovski in  14

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Good to see Wiggo smiling as he sprinted home with the peloton. Got Montaguti in the break and a few that picked up minor placings at the finish, won't be a huge score today though.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 5 Points

1 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) 106
2 Mollema (RAB) 101
3 J.J. Cobo (GEO) 92
4 Froome (SKY) 88
5 P. Sagan (LIQ) 75

Top 5 Mountains

1 Moncoutié (COF) 63
2 Montaguti (ALM) 56
3 J.J. Cobo (GEO) 42
4 Martin (GRM) 33
5 D. Moreno (KAT) 32

Thats all i'm sure off apart from the top 14

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bit of a funny day, plenty of points for Montaguti but no sprinters getting points and I can't see many people being heavily loaded on Lampre guys. I think sticking mainly with GC guys was probably the best way to go.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gavazzi won, but its gonna be a while before i post any results as the pack are 11 mins down

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

The rest of the break are riding like twats, especially Montaguti and the Euskatel guy. If they win I reckon one of the others will throw a bike at them.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

But no, J-Rod wont win the stage if the break stays away, better sprinters, if they stay away, Sijmens will win  14

As long as J-Rod is in the top 10ish then he'll get his green back

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

7 mins down??

Think you should look again, he's 18 minutes down..........Nice edit  19

Old29 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Joaquin to win this one

Stumps replied to Old29 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Old29 wrote:

Rodriguez to take the race lead?? Only 7 minutes down with the pack over 11 minutes back  39

He's 18+ mins down on lead with the peleton currently 11+ mins down on him on this stage. It still leaves him another 7 mins to make up.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sijmens annoying me, sprinting like a demon to take the Cat 1 first place  31

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Another thing to add to my list of Eurosports crap coverage of La Vuelta after declaring they were showing EVERY stage live, they didn't do that, then they schedule it in, but never stick to it, yesterday was late and finished 30 mins early for snooker and its late today because of the snooker and i refuse to watch the crappy ITV coverage  14  14

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

There we go, just as expected

1. Hermosa 101 km
1 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) 4
2 R. Kišerlovski (AST) 2
3 Timmer (SKS) 1

This group seem to be working well, letting the points guys get the points and the mountains take them and with still 9.35 lead and only 68km to go with some good climbers in the break, i can see them staying away now because they are no threat overall

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sky tracker keeps switching between Sijmens and Montaguti for the Cat 2  14

J-Rod should be allowed the sprints as they are all that far behind the time bonus won't matter and he's only 11 points off the points jersey again

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cat.2 Alto del Caracol 75.1 km
1 Sijmens (COF) 5
2 Montaguti (ALM) 3
3 De Greef (OLO) 1

More points and with 9.30 in hand, i think they can get to the Cat 1 aswell which could be 10. i dont know if they could make both Cat 3's after that, if they did and he won them both, it would put him joint top of the mountains  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

119 Madrazo (ESP, MOV), Abandoned

Another movistar out, leaving them with only 4 after this stomach bug

Only 8 out of the 22 starting teams have their full roster of riders left

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

First points of the day  4

Cat.3 Puerto de la Braguía 56.2 km
1 Montaguti (ALM) 3
2 Sijmens (COF) 2
3 De Greef (OLO) 1

I think Sijmens will be the only one trying to stop Montaguti trying to take all the mountain points

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Seen as i know Dave has looking in here, you might wanna give Tony a nudge and tell him its Thursday  19

http://road.cc/content/news/42720-schwag-grab-tour-britain-official-t-sh...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nearly 11 minutes, looking like some of the break may just stay away already

Pages

Latest Comments