Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Team Values

Whats going on with them?? So Thursday i had around 180, the friday night i had 174.9 yesterday it was back to 179.9 and now its sitting at 175.3 I thought the riders couldn't jump that much?? the other thing is, the riders values in my team are not changing to reflect the jumps in my credits, the riders are going up or down by .1 or .2 but the team on a whole is swinging wildly. Is there a database error??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Enrique, this thread is almost two years old, what the hell are you doing restarting it?

If you have something new to say then say it but do so at the end of the season.

Changing values sounds good but in practice it was awful. It meant that the people who got a good start to a RAC ended up with bigger budgets than everyone else and those who didn't get off to a flyer were left having to pick weaker teams because the best riders were getting more and more expensive.

Although, increased team budgets for premium users could work...

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was trying to get a team together for the Dauphine and, of course, wanted to stack it and was wondering if you might consider letting us field a team with say only 4 riders, of course, if the team comes in below budget, and let us leave the DS spaces blank...

alejandro | 12 years ago
0 likes

So, if somebody gains value you might have a harder time getting him on your team because of your budget? On the other hand, how is the original value set? A complicated formula involving UCI points or placings in other races? An educated guess of what seems fair? Just wondering. I kind of like what I see.

KirinChris replied to alejandro | 12 years ago
0 likes
tato wrote:

So, if somebody gains value you might have a harder time getting him on your team because of your budget? On the other hand, how is the original value set? A complicated formula involving UCI points or placings in other races? An educated guess of what seems fair? Just wondering. I kind of like what I see.

Yes someone you could afford yesterday, may suddenly sneak above your budget range if the value goes up.

On the other hand your team budget can also go up - I like the fact that it adds another dimension to the game, of sometimes buying low and selling high.

How are the values set... Dave and his mates sit around at Christmas, get extremely drunk and argue the values, and if they can't agree then they have mini-pump duels. Is there any other way to explain why Tyler Farrar and Andre Greipel had higher values than Mark Cavendish ?

Pray they never get a job at Top Trumps or the Swiss Navy Coast Guard's rubber dinghy will be taking out your nuclear aircraft carrier.

On the other hand I am sometimes remarkably surprised at how prescient they are, when riders apparently spring from nowhere and you think it will be a good DS buy, only to find they have been valued at 12 or 14 points. Yet it also leaves room for some bargain buys.

Andre Greipel though...  7

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Complicated question, lol

Right i'll explain it to the best of my knowledge from playing the whole season

Riders have a set value, for this example, we'll take Mr Jones and 15 as his value

So he rode last week in the village race and only a handful of players picked him, BUT he goes and wins, so he gets 20 points plus he was also in a break at half way, so thats an extra 5

His value went go up slightly so maybe 15.2

The next week because of his win he's more popular and the majority of players have them in their team

Yet again, he wins and was in a break at half way, SO because of his popularity AND his points score, he gets a larger value, that takes him to 15.5

Then for the next race, he is again very popular, but he jumps off after a few KM because he's not feeling well, but because of his popularity he loses only a small amount, takes him to 15.3

The race after everyone drops him and again he's no where because of his illness, so he loses alot and that takes him back to 15

I know i may have have this slightly wrong, but i dont think i'm a long way off, but i just ignore how they go up and down and just play the game as it is  4

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Rider values change after each stage based on a combination of form (fantasy points scored over the last 5 stages) and popularity. The exact formula is damned complicated and Dave doesn't often explain it, and seeing as the whole thing is being redone next year and there's only two races left it hardly seems relevant  10 Values only change after each stage, they don't change between races (so making your picks early doesn't get you bargains).

In any case, if you have a rider and their value goes up or down, then your total team value goes up or down; if you then 'sell' (remove) or transfer out that rider, then the 'profit' gained is yours to spend. During the Giro things went a bit crazy, almost all riders gained value significantly and some teams had values of over 200; Dave "brought balance to the force", as it were, rider values fell slightly then stabilised. Then all the team budgets were reset to 175 (and the rider values reset to their start-of-season values) just before the Tour de France. This was to allow for the fact that the Tour had a huge prize on offer, and it seemed unfair to have teams with a 15-20 credit advantage.

Sorry, long post...

enrique replied to stewieatb | 10 years ago
0 likes
stewieatb wrote:

Rider values change after each stage...

This was pretty cool, when rider values used to change on a daily basis (!) huh?  3

Dave, I have to guess this was a formula you were running every rather than a mental exercise you did in your head, right? Just curious!  1  3

george g | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cool, man, pretty cool. That's interesting, this being the first time I play the game. By the way, are riders values set to change by a formula in the game, according to the points they score, or to their popularity as based on how many people choose them for their teams? If that's the case, is what happens that if I pick up a rider before he becomes popular I can get him cheaper?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nope it didn't change from the start of the Giro to the start of TdF because it was reset  4

manolo | 12 years ago
0 likes

Interesting... By the way, is there any way to find out for example, what Contador's value was during the Giro versus what it was during the Tour? Did it change a lot?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

short answer is i'm not sure, so i'll have a dig around tomorrow.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

i noticed sagan went down by 0.4 from yesterday, made it easier when i was transferring him in tho  1

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

I don't know how, but Mollema went down by 1.0 today!  39

Latest Comments