Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 12 La Vuelta

So their of for a pretty easy day in the saddle, 2 Cat 3 climbs

Depending on if certain teams try and split the field it might come down to a group sprint

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

There have been a few people trying to make a break work, but they are not getting away, Mollema took the sprint points ahead of Oliveira

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Really had no idea who was going to go today, left Sagan and Degenkolb in just in case and brought in Var Avermaet (to free up some cash) and Nuyens for Nieve for some guaranteed Lanterne Rouge points.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Same transfer as me then Gkam with Martin, i was gonna go montaguti but went safe and put poels in with my other transfer, he has served me well so far, as he will be there at the end it just depends how many get away, surely its a day for moreno to go and get some mountain points (that day will happen the day after i take him out)

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think it's a Nibali day, but don't have the points.

So...Moncoutie, Chavanel. Kittel not riding, but left him in because he wasn't scoring today anyway. Could have transferred him out for monaguti I suppose.
But hey..

Thinking ahead to next year, I don't think we will get the luxury of all those cheap DS that appear to be going to be great all rounders. But I don not know how the groups are made by Dave.  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

If Moncoutie goes in a break, you can be sure Montaguti will be following

I'll give you one of my transfers for tomorrow, the other is a "long shot"

Stage 78 IN:Daniel MARTIN OUT:Peter SAGAN

I think there will be a break, but unless its big it wont stay away, thats why i brought Martin back in because Sagan wont be staying with the GC guys over the 2nd cat 1

As for Kessiakoff, i only know him from his MTB days where he was world class, multiple swedish mtb champion, but never grabbed the world or european champs, but was always up there somewhere, i think this is only his 2/3rd season on the road, just looked up his past results and was quite surprised, didn't know he was with Garmin last year

But even more by this, look at the list of names he kept with, all be it a short tour, thats still decent

2009 Tour De Romandie

1 Roman Kreuziger (CZE) Liquigas 14h 20' 14"
2 Vladimir Karpets (RUS) Team Katusha + 18"
3 Rein Taaramäe (EST) Cofidis + 25"
4 Alejandro Valverde (ESP) Caisse d'Epargne + 46"
5 Rigoberto Urán (COL) Caisse d'Epargne + 48"
6 Lars Bak (DEN) Team Saxo Bank + 1' 01"
7 Cadel Evans (AUS) Silence-Lotto + 1' 07"
8 Tony Martin (GER) Team Columbia-High Road + 1' 08"
9 Fredrik Kessiakoff (SWE) Fuji-Servetto + 1' 16"
10 Kanstantsin Siutsou (BLR) Team Columbia-High Road + 1' 21"

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can't figure out tomorrow. I think a break involving Moncoutie will get away and possibly stay away, unless they're caught on the flat, so I've left Moncoutie in and put Sorensen in as my breakaway DS, also put Dan Martin in to see what happens. I put Kittel in for Degenkolb last night, that's 19 points I'm not getting back.

With the GC... god knows. It's not a summit finish so pure climbing won't be the factor, descending might be but then there's another climb and a long flat before the finish for it all to bunch up again. I doubt LeakyGas will be allowed to escape again, and even if they do they should get caught with every GC team sharing the chase. Does anyone know how Wiggo descends? Does anyone know *anything* about Kessiakoff? Got him in my team, but I know nothing about the man.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cat 1 is unlikely for WCs, sure, but it's not exactly the Low Countries either. Who knows what the road race route will be like should it go there, but it won't be a day when 100 riders cross the line together... thinking a puncheur rather than a pure sprinter...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

They wont be putting Cat 1's into the WC's will they?

I think the sprinters will just form a group and roll in

fxceltic | 12 years ago
0 likes

had van avermaet, sagan and degenkolb in today, cant see any of them doing anything tomorrow though?

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Told y'all about Degenkolb  3

19 points from him making up for disaster elsewhere...

Wonder if it's too early for riders to be thinking about 2014 WCs? Because they are almost certain to be held where tomorrow's stage finishes, might be an added incentive for one of the young 'uns  39

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'll be leaving Sagan and Degenkolb in for tomorrow but might switch around Bennati for Var Arvamaet and replace Nievi with someone, not decided yet.

If there was some way of rolling transfers forward I'd probably make no changes tomorrow and use all four the day after but there isn't so I can't  2

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sagan for tomorrow? very doubtful, the GC guys will thump it up the 2nd Cat 1 and its a day for the big guys like J-Rod to try and get some time back and then on stage 14 aswell before stage 15 where its a finish he doesn't like  19

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

I AM NOT NOT NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO PUNDITS ON ITV4 OR SKY EVER AGAIN  31

Gkam84 replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes
fluffchucker wrote:

I AM NOT NOT NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO PUNDITS ON ITV4 OR SKY EVER AGAIN  31

Give us a run down of what you listened to  4

macauley ley | 12 years ago
0 likes

what do people think about sagan again for tomorrow ?, abit up and down and 2 cat 1's half way in stage but then just abit lumpy after that and flat with 20 odd to go , he doesnt mind climbing so i think he could do well , what about you lot ?  39

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

106 for me, top three on the stage plus 11 and 13, 2-4 and 6 in GC, 2nd in points. Not a bad day.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

89 points for me today, not the best, but decent  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Top 20 Stage Tick time again

1 P. Sagan (LIQ) 4:03:01 ✔
2 Degenkolb (THR) +0
3 Bennati (LEO) +0
4 Petacchi (LAM) +0
5 J.J. Haedo (SBS) +0
6 Boonen (QST) +0
7 Van Avermaet (BMC) +0
8 Martens (RAB) +0
9 N. Maes (QST) +0
10 Mondory (ALM) +0
11 Kessiakoff (AST) +0 ✔
12 V. Reynés (OLO) +0
13 Mollema (RAB) +0 ✔
14 S. Lang (OLO) +0
15 D. Caruso (LIQ) +0
16 Nibali (LIQ) +4
17 Sy. Chavanel (QST) +4
18 Ligthart (VCD) +5
19 Sijmens (COF) +5
20 Fuglsang (LEO) +5 ✔

Top 10 GC

1 Wiggins (SKY) 46:53:47 ✔
2 Froome (SKY) +7 ✔
3 Kessiakoff (AST) +9 ✔
4 Nibali (LIQ) +10
5 Fuglsang (LEO) +19 ✔
6 Mollema (RAB) +36 ✔
7 Monfort (LEO) +1:06
8 J.J. Cobo (GEO) +1:27
9 Zubeldia (RSH) +1:53
10 Brajkovic (RSH) +2:00

Top 5 Points

1 Joa. Rodríguez (KAT) 81
2 P. Sagan (LIQ) 75 ✔
3 Mollema (RAB) 69 ✔
4 Lastras (MOV) 48
4 Martin (GRM) 48

Top 5 Mountains

1 Montaguti (ALM) 33
2 Moncoutié (COF) 32
3 Martin (GRM) 25
4 D. Moreno (KAT) 20 ✔
5 C. Sørensen (SBS) 15

0 likes

bloody mollema is doing my head in now

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just a shame i switched Wiggo in for Nibali, but i do have 5 of the top 7 in GC now i think

0 likes

not the best, wont be a high score for me today

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

That'll do me, Sagan wins  4 Results to follow

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

15km to go, still 55sec to the break, Hansen gave a suicidal attempt at 45km to go, then died right off and is off the back of the peloton now

So who's going to sprint to success then?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah to get some socks (they are very good quality)
and some bib shorts and trousers for training

Have you bought stuff from Lidi before? very good quality stuff at a fraction of the price others charge

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, you posted in the other forum about it. remember?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Break only has 7 mins now having had 8 and a half earlier, just at off the descent of the first climb

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

What are you on about londonplayer? Lidi kit  39

I'd prefer a Sagan win today over Kittel  4

fluffchucker replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

What are you on about londonplayer? Lidi kit  39

I'd prefer a Sagan win today over Kittel  4

It's here - http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdat...

0 likes

man i know i should put mollema in but i keep sticking with cobo, was hoping moreno may go in the break and try and get mountain points but nevermind, that classification wont change and he will still get me 2 points

need a kittel win followed by sagan would be best i think, well i bennati win would be perfect

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, I could be wrong but i wouldnt touch lidl cycling kit. go to decathlon instead if you want budget kit.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Which is why no-one uses the official site cause i think they just pick names outta the hat to put in

Break has formed with a couple of minutes so far

43 Maté (ESP, COF) +45:53
27 Roldán (ESP, ACG) +1:12:50
219 Pidgornyy (UKR, VCD) +1:21:29
124 Hansen (AUS, OLO) +1:42:25

Pages

Latest Comments