Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What new frame? <£1K

Hello,

apologies for the highly orginal and creative(!) first thread but i am looking for a new frame and dont really know where to begin.
- Budget is £1K
- I weigh 82 kgs though hope to get down to 75 by spring 2012
- I mostly ride sportives and the occasional duathlon with 10-30 mile bike legs
- I will be using 50mm Gigantex carbon clinchers from Wheelsmith or Fulrcum Racing 5s

Things I am considering;
Cervelo S1 (best all rounder? but top of budget)
Ribble Stealth (seems to be a great frame from the reviews)
Enigma Eclipse/Van Nicholas Euros (i know its over budget but as a bike for life Ti does appeal)
Ridley Icarus
Planet X

what else should i look at? as you can see, frame material isnt an issue really, possibly it should be but I want a good all rounder and at the level of riding I do, worrying about marginal losses through flex or not having the bling factor isnt a concern.

I dont mind leftfield suggestions but value for money is principle so things like Condor are probably out. yes I know I can get a great deal second hand but I'm not in a position to be now so its really a case of whats around when i pull the trigger. I'll look in hte usual s/h classifieds but probably go for something new.

vmt,
CCDC

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Fish_n_Chips | 12 years ago
0 likes

In the same boat and need a new frame on a budget.

The Planet X Nanolight and Ribble seem to be bargains and had some positive feedback from friends in my riding club.

Titanium seems tougher to take a wack but heavier and more
expensive than cheap carbon frames. But it will last longer.

I'd go for the carbon and bike insurance if you are
racing alot.

Go for the cheap carbon and gives you cash to use/save for a future Ti frame.

Latest Comments