Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Jennings Rivers Ride

Is anyone doing this?

http://www.cumbriafoundation.org/jennings-rivers-ride

18th of September starting from Keswick, short, medium and long (85 mile) options, with the long finishing over Honister, Newlands and Whinlatter.

I'd like to do it, but getting there is a problem as I don't drive (a helpful feature for a sportive cyclist, I know). Is anyone going up from the Lancaster area that could give me a lift? Or coming from further south and could pick me up at J33 M6 (Carnforth)?

General discussion of the event also welcome.

Cheers
Stewie

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cheers GKam. The climbing forum I frequent has a specific forum for lifts and meetups, actually, but I suppose it's only sportive riding that needs that sort of facility, whereas climbers nearly always have to travel.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nowt to do with your sportive, but i do hope Dave and others see this, I'd like to see some sort of thing implemented for this situation and others

I.e. Get a bit of the forum, where members can hook up for training rides and sportive's

I dont drive and am a solo rider most of the time as i dont know anyone around this area putting in the miles like i do, So it would be really handy to be able to hook up like you two have done

Also, good luck to the pair of you  4

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi Jayme

I live in BLS too, we'd need to be up early though, they want everyone registered for the long route by 8am D:

Drop me an email, just stick @gmail.com after my username.

I'm going to have to start getting the miles in. Not now though, it's pissing down.
Stewie

jayme | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi Stewie

I am going up for the long ride and can give you a lift if you want. I live in Bolton-le-Sands so if you can get yourself to Lakeland cycles early on the Sunday you can hop in.

Jayme

Latest Comments