Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Twinings Pro Am 100 mile Sportive.

I've just returned from a day in the saddle along the beautiful highways and byways of Wiltshire and Hampshire. Did anybody else ride the Twinings Pro Am? If not I can heartily recommend adding it to any "Sportive to do" list as this was a lovely, superbly signposted route, testing at times but not mercilessly so, was brilliantly organised by British Cycling and manned by friendly helpers and sponsors (the Twinings girls chief amongst them). The two mobile mechanical support teams were brilliant and I take my hat off to them - I'd have bought them a post ride coffee but didn't catch up with them unfortunately. Between them they must have repaired hundreds of pu**tures (I suspect my pair was below the per capita average) and were never less than cheerful, helpful and encouraging. All in all a great Sportive and I hope that BC get the support to put it on again next year when I'll hopefully return as I want to take my 12 years old son on the 60 mile route.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

josh78c | 12 years ago
0 likes

Rode the 60mile and it was every bit as good.

Latest Comments